Mesa mark 1 edge of breakup module ?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, so my next module is going to be a IICP for sure (because it sounds really good). But for the next module, as a huge Santana fan, I’m looking for a synergy module that’s going to give me that gainy (but not saturated) tone.
My tone references are : Bella, flor d’Luna, Mudbone, (and the supernatural album). I know that after he switched to dumble amps (shaman album). I’m also a big fan of the early albums (done with cranked/modified fender twins) but I’m not sure the T/DLX can do it.
I’m specifically looking for a synergy module, I just don’t know which one is going to give me that sound (Bman, T/DLX, OS, IICP ?).
Thanks

Not a lot of gain in the T/DLX but glorious clean channels, you could put a pedal on it. I liked the OS nice module. IICP I found rather difficult to dial in which is a problem I have with all the Fryette modules. But once you get it, man, good tones. Everyone gets the EQ tone stack wrong on the IICP it works weird compared to most amps. There are some good demos out there which explain how to set it to get the best tones. It's like a pregain thing I think they crank the mids cut the lows off and a bit on the others. Check the videos. I think the Austrialian dude has a good one.

Latest posts