Meter Recomendation?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayDA

Reaction score
My POS Radio Shack MultiMeter is now officially dead. I want to pick up something decent...what is everyone else using?

Anyone have one they really like for a particular reason? I'm the kind of person that likes and appreciates quality tools that will last 20 years, and I don't mind spending money if I need to. But if something is cheap and sturdy...that's cool too. I use it mostly to bias my MTS stuff, but occasionally to check other things as well.

Fluke is the gold standard, for sure. I got one for my maintenance man at work. If you're on a budget I have an EXTECH EX330 at home and it does the job. Really depends what you're willing to spend.

Fluke is the do all end all for sure. I never really needed all the options personally. I bought a Sunpro when I was younger and its still ticking and has been used on about 35 cars/trucks and many guitars and projects. Not bad for something that has been thrown in tool boxes and trunks and had a very low price.