• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

modded XTC modules FS

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okstrat

Reaction score
Here's what I have right now 'in stock, ready to ship' regarding XTC modules:

1) new BLACK faceplate, chickenhead knobs, no pull switches, 'old' mod with new extra gain mod. $249

2) new RED faceplate, chickenheads, pull gain, new mod with extra gain. $279

3) new RED faceplate, chickenheads, pull gain, pull mid shift. new mod with extra gain. *SOLD* (star of my youtube videos! lol)

Note that 2 and 3 with the pull gain just CUTS the gain, so you can get more plexi-ish tones.

If you buy one from me before late afternoon tomorrow, it will get boxed and go out monday or tuesday guaranteed. I ship FedEx.

The new mod is the one that I have the clips on youtube and such of, intense gain and less high end than the stock xtc module. More clarity too. This is closer to a real xtc (I have a 2004 bogner) but I couldn't get it exact - I'm trying to duplicate an entire amplifier in just a preamp stage. I think it sounds great.

please email me at okstrat (at) cox (dot) net if you want one or have questions - and 1) or 2) can be modded to other specs, but you won't get them shipped out tomorrow then. In other words, if you want 1) but want the new specs instead of the 'old' mod, email me and we'll figure it out. Ditto if you want the pull switch on the master that shifts the mids. Pricing will be a little more since I'll have more work on it than one that was that way to begin with, but not horribly so.

Also some xtc modules may have slight solder traces on the connectors where they plug into the MTS amps - I've seen a LOT of xtc modules that were intermittent because they wouldn't make good connection in some amps. I have 6 MTS amps, and a few are very good (or bad? lol) at weeding out problem modules, and this seems to fix the problem. The solder is very thin, not thick at all, and does make them work ok.

So the modules have more gain than stock XTC and the pull gain cuts it to below stock?

okstrat said:
JKD said:
So the modules have more gain than stock XTC and the pull gain cuts it to below stock?

Yep, check the YT vids I did. :)

Right...wasn't a huge fan of the YT clips....camera and YT just seem to murder the tone and make everything sound the same.

...now the actual recording you did was great but I guess you basically used two different modules for it.

JKD said:
okstrat said:
JKD said:

Yep, check the YT vids I did. :)

Right...wasn't a huge fan of the YT clips....camera and YT just seem to murder the tone and make everything sound the same.

...now the actual recording you did was great but I guess you basically used two different modules for it.

Yep. I have a ton of XTC modules here in various states of mod-o-fication. ;) I know the YT vids weren't the best sounding, but figured the gain levels were pretty apparent. You can actually get a passable clean with the modded XTC on low gain setting and roll your volume back a hair.

Pete

Hi Pete! Do you have a link to the Youtube vids???

I borrowd your XTC from my buddy in Jaded Faith and it rocks through my Egnater Mod 50.

I am interested in a new one with the gain pull. Also, a tight pull or switch, I need it tighter for some songs. Is that possible? Thanks!

Wow, the new one has more gain than the old? Just curious why you did that? I think the current one is loaded, I couldn't get it past 2:00 on the gain. LOL Love it though.

do a search for gigmods on youtube, there I am. Audio ain't the greatest, if you look in modules I posted a link to a clip I did with the new mod that's a lot better audio quality.

Boosted the gain because my bogner has more gain than the randall module, but that's to be expected - in 2004 bogner upped the gain on the red channel for all ecstasys. Plus I never had an issue with gain, but guys who have to play at lower volumes or at home need all the gain they can get... I usually get to gun my amps pretty good at gigs. :)

Pete

richedie said:
Hi Pete! Do you have a link to the Youtube vids???

I borrowd your XTC from my buddy in Jaded Faith and it rocks through my Egnater Mod 50.

I am interested in a new one with the gain pull. Also, a tight pull or switch, I need it tighter for some songs. Is that possible? Thanks!

Wow, the new one has more gain than the old? Just curious why you did that? I think the current one is loaded, I couldn't get it past 2:00 on the gain. LOL Love it though.

Thanks man, I am going to be taking a chance ont he new mod with the gain pull and tight pull....if you can do that. Thanks! That is the only thing I think I might miss over my EG5, the tight percussive nature...but the XTC mod is so full. Nice work.

As long as the new mod is as full with the thick mids of the first mod, count me in! I can't get over how full your old XTC mod and Plexi mod are.

I'm considering taking Number 1.

Would you ship to Australia?

Moe. said:

I hate shipping overseas just because of all the paperwork, but if you'll pay the total shipping I'd probably do it. email me at okstrat (at) cox.net and we'll figure it out.

Pete

okstrat said:
Moe. said:

I hate shipping overseas just because of all the paperwork, but if you'll pay the total shipping I'd probably do it. email me at okstrat (at) cox.net and we'll figure it out.

Pete

I switched to doing it online...found it much easier, especiall with PayPal.