Modders... Fortin Bones

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricknasty1985

Reaction score
Can one of you please open up a Fortin haha

I drool over the plexi and hi gain every single day now. I NEED a fortin module. I'm literally begging one you you all to do this.

ricknasty1985 said:
Can one of you please open up a Fortin haha

I drool over the plexi and hi gain every single day now. I NEED a fortin module. I'm literally begging one you you all to do this.

YES! WE NEED A FORTIN MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Better yet, do a Meathead! It's got all the great Fortin tones in it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM7Svwuf0_8&feature=plcp

Or, the new Fortin SATAN. Mike built one for Ola Englund, and it sounds great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FINvb2ynbOE

Here's a clip of a Fortin modded Vintage Modern. I owned one of these, and this tone would be AWESOME to get from a module.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC3iMQy9oxA

I know, put all three of these tones in a module!

ricknasty1985 said:
Here's a clip of a Fortin modded Vintage Modern. I owned one of these, and this tone would be AWESOME to get from a module

You owned one??? Id kill for a fortin modded amp, I am so jealous.
You know, it did sound incredible. But I have to have multiple channels on my amp. Something inside me just has to justify every amp as being one I could gig with.

Of course, it would have been an incredible amp to record with, so I should have kept it. :evil:

Mike Fortin works for Randall now. Someone needs to hit him up to release, or at least mod, modules.

eyeball987 said:
Mike Fortin works for Randall now. Someone needs to hit him up to release, or at least mod, modules.
Mike's doing some work for Randall, but he's still making his own amps too.

And Randall getting Mike to design these new amps is one of the reasons Randall decided not to continue with the MTS line.

Mikes not modding SH1T these day. He seems to very selective about what hits his bench for mod work, espicially now that hes involved with Randall. Ive been trying to get him to do a Kannibal mod on a twin jet for what seems like 2 years now. Everyonce and so often someone pops up with an amp modded by him and kinda lets me down.

That's because he'***** the big time. He has done amazing work on all sorts of amps but now with the Randall gig and some other big names working with him, I doubt he puts much time into the little people. I also find most of his mods to be the ultra heavy type rather than the hot rodded marshall types which are more my tones. You can forget about sending him an MTS module to work on though... that will get buried pretty quick.

Kapo_Polenton said:
That's because he'***** the big time. He has done amazing work on all sorts of amps but now with the Randall gig and some other big names working with him, I doubt he puts much time into the little people. I also find most of his mods to be the ultra heavy type rather than the hot rodded marshall types which are more my tones. You can forget about sending him an MTS module to work on though... that will get buried pretty quick.
Exactly.

ALL THE MORE REASON FOR OUR MODDERS TO DO A FORTIN MODULE! :D

The Fortin sounds to me like a revelation in guitar tone- a completely unique sound that is set apart from others. I hear that tone in the new rd50 clips, though it's confusing to know which (if any) rd50 amps have the Fortin mod (?) That amp is less than $500 and is a great way to get into Fortin land whenever they become readily available. I've been on the waiting list for NATAS for a few months and expect the wait to be at least till 2013...so I may just go ahead with Ola's Satan when it comes out. Until then I'm rocking Fortin through my KPA :D

crankyrayhanky said:
The Fortin sounds to me like a revelation in guitar tone- a completely unique sound that is set apart from others. I hear that tone in the new rd50 clips, though it's confusing to know which (if any) rd50 amps have the Fortin mod (?) That amp is less than $500 and is a great way to get into Fortin land whenever they become readily available. I've been on the waiting list for NATAS for a few months and expect the wait to be at least till 2013...so I may just go ahead with Ola's Satan when it comes out. Until then I'm rocking Fortin through my KPA :D

Wow, coming from you I take that statement quite seriously...At least tonally speaking... :D

That Kemper still calls to me in the night offering sweet dreams of riding on gain waves, swimming in clean channels (pun intended- as if I needed to say that) and trying amps never before possible....

Then, in a confusing twist of fate I wake moments before my XMG+ kills me for cheating (especially with a digital) with an unexpected blow to the nootz during a live solo in front of a packed house...Then it gets weird...

IMHO

Kemper = algorithm ..which is equivalent to "sim software"

Synth' s use algorithm's and so do sim software - the difference is
the "type" of algorithm used

Synth-type algorithm's were modified to acomodate use with guitars
and amp sims were born

Hardware-wise the AXE-FX is nothing more than "guitar synthesizer"

and the Kemper is a "sampling synth" using guitar based algorithm's

put simply 8)

Both the AXE-FX & Kemper have ADA converters, CPU's on the inside and run software (ie algorithm's) which is for all practical purposes a "guitar synthesizer !!!!"

again IMHO

^lol
I refer to revelation in terms of most mid & hi gain amps seem to fall into superMarshalls or superRecto-ish...which I happen to love! But the clips I hear online, coupled with the Fortinmodded Marshall KPA profile I jam on, yields an eq that is very unique to me. The KPA into the power section of my rm100KH is really cool, the di tones recorded are excellent. Hell, even the clips of the cheapo rd50 sound kick ***. I'm on Full Fortin gas alert!

Hey Ray,
I've hear other people say that about the few Fortin Mods I've heard about...It's appealing to say the least..

As for the digital vs. tube thing...Or sim versus non sim...Or sim with tubes versus Godzilla...
The Kemper appeals to me as an ideal showplace for amps...Maybe even some sims good enough to use for projects...All I know is my local stores do not have such amps around...Much like MTS modules....Thus the need to watch videos and such to hear tones...Kemper can put that in your living room and eliminate idiots like myself right off the face of youtube! Wait a minute....I wish my delete key weren't crazy glued off...Yeah, I let that's what the kids call it these days...

true but ....

doesn't Kemper save the profile as a "file" ??

(like a .dll or .xml file ?)

that puts it into the realm of "sim" and not real - doesn't it ?

cool

I'm not trying to be a spoil sport ~ I just think theres a bigger picture here thats being overlooked when it comes to pc-based audio gear like a Kemper

suffice to say I've been playing on amps this past week that don't
exist in reality :shock:

and been lovin every minute of it :lol:

best part is my "cameron lust" is dead & buried forever !