Modding RM100 to switch egnater dual channel mods

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickgk

Reaction score
Hey,

Just wondering if there are any techs on here that can tell me if it would be possible to mod the randall RM100 heads to change both channels on the egnater modules?

I'm not sure but I would think Bruce probably designed it so that you couldn't do that. I mean, heck, if I were selling my own boutique counterpart I know I would make it so you had to buy MY amp to use the special extra inherent to my modules!! :lol: It makes more sense from a business standpoint for him to do that, so I would say it would probably be difficult (if it's even possible?) to mod a Randall to change the second channel. That would be cool though, the second channel on the E'Rect module is my favorite... I had no idea what I was missing when I was using a dual channel module on my Randall! Although they still sound pretty cool on a Randall amp! :)

That's interesting guitarguy, i thought both channels (apart from EG3/4 module) on egnater dual channel modules were voiced exactly the same just with different gain and volume?

Don't know the truth about voicing, which are voiced similarly, but at least VOX channel a and b differs much (or is it just much more gain on B), SL2 channel b is much darker, looser, MHG channel B darker, Erect channel B is more "modern" sounding. EG 3/4 channels differs much.

So to my ears they are all voiced a little differently ?

I bought my E'Rect used so it's possible the previous owner asked Bruce to modify it a little bit differently, but the seller told me the channels were supposed to sound like the preamp from a dual and triple (A and B channels, respectively) rectifier. They both sound good (I prefer B) to me! As Jrm4 said above, I have also found the same thing with my VX module so I don't think it's just me! :lol:

I put the MHG ,Erect and the EG3/4 in and set the volumes and gain about the same And I thought channel A and B were voiced real close on thoughs 3 modules with a boost in gain on the B channel.Mostly new stock modules.I think I wore out my footswitch (LOL)