MTS cabs? Need some info

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VOD

Reaction score
Does anyone have one of the MTS series 4x12s? I've heard that they are basically the same as the xl series (split 2x12 chambers, build quality, etc)

Does anyone have one of these that can give some insight?

I have a RT Series RT412-100C, I think these are similar to the XL and mts series. Not exactly sure but I will give my take on this cab..
This version of the cab has Celestion G12H-100. It seems to have a pretty wide spectrum of sound. It has big lows and smooth highs. This cab and speakers may be a little tricky to dial in. Cause these speakers handle the lows so well, you may have to set the bass and/or density higher than normal. If you don't push the lows the sound will be dominated by mids.
Here is some comparisons:
Thru a mesa recto cab and marshall 1960B cab the RM100 head can not have the density past Noon, Past that it gets muddy.
Thru the RT412-100C you can push the density to about 2 o'oclock. I have even had it about 3o'oclock. At 3 you kind of lose some of the modules uniqueness and have to turn the bass on the module down a little bit.
I can get good sound thru the marshall and mesa cab but its really hard to get the mids right with the rm head and those cabs.

That's great info. Thanks a lot. do you know if that model is chambered like the xl series?

If you can score a Randall 412NXT I would HIGHLY suggest it. It is built very well, has Celestion Neos which sound like V30s but weigh about 1/4 as much...Perfect cab for gigs...One person lift, great tone....AND, the speakers were "supposedly" voiced for MTS....

I also have a Randall Hammett 412 and it's heavy and deep sounding....Almost too deep- my bass player hates it....