My "be-all/end-all" rig?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SALVAGED

Reaction score
Ok... after owning & selling 11 single channel modules (2 were stock), I have I good idea of what I like & don't like. So, I made the switch to dual channel modules... I have 4 dualie donors (& an M4 on its way).

Here's what I'm thinking... I've kinda reached a point in my life, where I can't really justify flipping gear as much... I'd much rather be playing & recording. I'm planning to get my 4 dual-donors modded & then bow out & just enjoy what I end up with. (yeah right?!) :lol:

I'd also like to support the "big 4" modders, by letting each one mod 1 donor... sort of a "thanks to everyone" gesture. :)

Based on what I've liked/tried & the types of music I enjoy, I'm leaning heavily towards the following:

Jaded Faith Dual Voxless
Sacred Groove Dual MK22
Voodoo Dual UG
Salvation Dual Mamba

So... what do ya think? Will these play "nice" with each other? Any surprises I need to be aware of?

My personal list:
1Mamba SE: cause of the diff switch it has two distinct voicings that are far apart from each other.
2.Dragon: this is my personally favorite mod, really thick, saturated but can still cut. It is surprisingly versatile with all it's switchs.
3. Terrier: can clean up real nicely, but can also get high gain.
4. Angel E: Cause it has its own unique sound, plus I really like it a lot.
I was on the fence about the angel or my self modded plexi plus.
My list may seem all about high gain, but I am able to pull off slightly dirty and mid gain sounds no problem. BUT my personal picks leave no clean channel, sure the terrier cleans up really well but not sure if you could nail absolute clean. Mamba and dragon do cross some ground but they can each achieve tones the other cant get.
Honorable mentions include:
Trilogy: many sounds to be had with this one
XMG+ : pretty unique tone.
SG Diable: man this this is a good one, especially cause it nails all the modes of a rectifier amp.
There are still lots of tones to be had out there that my list misses.
I can't wait to here others responses.

I would say my Rm4 running through my rm100's 6L6 power section with:
Cleans: JF superclean or a JF plexitweed on tweed mode with the gain turned down
High Gain Rythym: JF UltraLead
High Gain Leads: JF Erect
Mid Gain Crunch: JF 59RR Custom
or the JF PlexiTweed on Plexi Mode with the Boost engaged and the Gain at 3:00

Then theres the stragglers
HIgh Gain everything: Angel B
Another Flavor of High Gain everything: JF EV Trilogy
-mp-

SALVAGED said:
Jaded Faith Dual Voxless
Sacred Groove Dual MK22
Voodoo Dual UG
Salvation Dual Mamba

I see what you did here and I like it. While some a couple of my choices would be different, you know you best. I will say the MK22 and Voxless are personal "can't live without" modules. I can say with certainty the dual versions of these modules will leave you in awe. To participate along with you, and I hope it never comes to this, here are my "one dual module per modder" four:

Salvation LoneClean
SG The Bully
Voodoo Tsunami
JF Voxless

Oh, that hurt just type it out. Only four modules. :cry:

I love this game....if we're talking versatility..

Texas Special (Big Deep clean to Light crunch)
Voxless (Because I love this thing so **** much, nuff said)
59RR Plat (Everything Marshall and then some)
Snakebite (My ultimate mts high gain tone.....so far)

It would be hard to live without:
Plexi Tweed (pretty much covered by the others )
Vybe Deluxe (because you plug a Tele into this thing.....and come up for air two hours later)
Mark X (It's just THAT high gain rhythm tone that nothing else quite nails)
D-Zilla (I don't know why, it's just....different, I love the Herbert setting)

My suggestion for one module from each major modder would be:

Sacred Groove CC30
Salvation Legend
Voodoo Sear
JF 59rr

Or

Sacred Groove XTC LE
Salvation Masholdano
Voodoo Tsunami
JF Voxless

Thanks, guys! Definitely seems like there's a lot of love for the Voxless! 8)

JeffHenneman said:
My personal list:
2.Dragon: this is my personally favorite mod, really thick, saturated but can still cut. It is surprisingly versatile with all it's switchs.

Glad to see some Love for this Mod out there! I didn't use it much after getting my Momba SE. Now that I traded the Momba. I am very glad I kept the Dragon. I forgot what a fire breather this thing is. Was going to trade it off but she's stayin in the collection now. :D

If I had to just pick 4:

Salvation Stonerverb Starz
Salvation Baseman
Friedman RSC Plexi
Salvation Salvado Deluxe

Note: As soon as I hit "submit" my answer will have changed...It's a revolving door over here!

Oyster said:
JeffHenneman said:
My personal list:

Glad to see some Love for this Mod out there! I didn't use it much after getting my Momba SE. Now that I traded the Momba. I am very glad I kept the Dragon. I forgot what a fire breather this thing is. Was going to trade it off but she's stayin in the collection now. :D

I have both in my rm110kh and they sound awesome in this head. Its something able this pair and amp that sound so amazing. I have the dragon set kinda flat for a full sound and the Mamba set to really punch thru. When I blend those two together on recordings it is pretty massive.

Still got 2 modules on the choppingblock (but no money to gut the suckers)

Blackface:
Perhaps a H-Watt, or replicate my Hafler Triple Giant's clean channel

SL+:
Salvado Deluxe, or replicate my Rocktron Piranha's OD1 and 2

(seeing as I'm not inclined to sell those preamps, I don't think it has much use to make them redundant with modules)

...then I'd be pretty much done

One from each would be easy, kinda...

JF- Voxless

Salvation - Salvado Deluxe

SG - Afterlife

Friedman - RSC Plexi

Don't currently mean to exclude Trace or any other modder, those are the ones I have now...