my RM4 quite some huge hum noise

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hot Rod

Reaction score
there's quite some huge hum noise when my RM4 is set at high gain module, specially at Ultra Module mode, is this normal? needing for repair?

what about an rm 100 head, mine has mechanical type hum feedback noise that my gate can't quite eat up without losing too much tone.is it a ground issue?

Yes, I did try the ground switch on te back,but it's all the same, and I even use Monster power pro 2500 Power Conditioner , and change all preamp tubes new,but it's still the same problem, I use PRS singlecut,stock pickups, Monster cables, VHT 2502, Marshall 1960A cab...is anyone know how to reduces this noise or is this hum noise is normal on any rm4?
:roll:

For a while I had a ton of hum in my setup (RM4, ensoniq DP4, DSR-1, GCX, a couple of pedals, Korg DTR-1 - out of signal path, and a VHT 2/90/2) - and finaly figured out that I had a ground loop in the rack. I probably could have checked every cable and built custom audio cables with the ground lift, I was pretty sure it was due to the Korg tuner, GCX, and RM4 not playing well together, but ended up putting a Axess BS-2 buffer/ISO box (using the ISOLATED output) and the rack has been silent ever since.

This is how i setup my gears, I simply plug Guitar->RM4->VHT 2502->Marshall 1960A
there's no effector, processor or tuner connected, but there's still noise. I even use Ebtech Hum X, yet it doesn't help a bit. Is it call Ground loop noise?

Are you people having the same problem with the hum noise when RM4 is at High Gain Module?