New Mamba Special Edition

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sepherus

Reaction score
I'm going to be straight up and honest. I was very reluctant to give Salvation a chance. I've ben doing the MTS thing for a bit over 2 years now I think. I knew I couldn't see my self going to anything else once I got a hold of my first modded module. I kept seeing how much Salvation mods went for in the classifieds and read all the hype and honestly chalked it up to price=tone. When Anthony announced his special edition Mamba it actually peaked my interest, so I caved and asked for more info. His actual prices were much more affordable than I expected, meaning his mods just hold resale value better. I took the plunge and sent off my donor, said I wanted the full works on her and did the waiting game, paid some cash and did the waiting game again.

Saturday right as I was about to head out the door for work, the postal delivery individual knocked and said I had a package to sign for. I was excited, relieved, and a bit irritated that I had to waste yet another good day at work while my new toy sits at home. By the time I got back after some plans I already had directly after work everyone else was asleep in the house so I could only do a really low volume function check. As soon as I work up Sunday I grabbed a guitar, plugged in and turned up to a reasonable volume.

There is only one thing I can say to this. My various rectifiers only wish they could sound this good, and this versatile. The same goes for the actual Cobras I've played. I wish I had the ability to make some decent clips, but sadly I don't. Every switch makes a difference in sound, and all the settings are very usable. The "diff" switch adds a ton of chewy lower midrange girth that makes my old triple rectifier weep in envy. The notch (which I was seriously worried about knowing how most mid range "scoop" and "notch" "modern" etc switches work) does take out a bit of midrange, but not like any others I've used. It more seems to make the mids a bit less congested to leave some room for another guitar in the mix instead of burying and smothering it with it's giant scaly scrotum. With the Diff engaged it may still do that if your counterpart doesn't know how to dial in a sound that cuts a bit, or uses Celestion t75s.

Overall, it may have only been my first day with her, but I'm very satisfied. Yet another modules I don't see leaving the stable.

Awesome man! Great description of the tones and modes :D now I want one haha

What do you (plan to) use it for mainly? Rythm, leads or both?

I am so anxious to get mine. This is my first salvation module and cant wait till it gets here.

mojo: I'll probably be mostly using it for rhythm playing as I'm more of a rhythm player, but it is totally capable of doing awesome lead sounds.

Jeff: You will not be disappointed. I don't really NEED any more mods, but I have a few stock modules let that COULD use some upgrades :lol: We'll see what happens when I finish paying of my soon to be new SG.

Yep...I dig all of my Salvation modules,they were not any Ive owne that were bad,just like some better than others....worth the money to me...The Memba SE is next on my list...

Ordered mine righ after Anthony announced it on here - should be done shortly after an issue with my donor module, can't wait to get it!

Btw I believe the 10 limited order spots sold out a bit ago, so any recent orders are standard mamba mod without the added switch.

Disciple said:
Ordered mine righ after Anthony announced it on here - should be done shortly after an issue with my donor module, can't wait to get it!

Btw I believe the 10 limited order spots sold out a bit ago, so any recent orders are standard mamba mod without the added switch.

Yes, all Limited Edition Mambas are sold.

Latest posts