New modular systems?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fix the EFFECTS LOOP issue.... return/send levels. People play pedals these days, get with the program! :lol:

Yes but the cost of shipping my amp to you from Canada and getting it back would probably cost more than the modification. Yes there is the STEP pedal but i was referring to any new modular platforms that came to be. They should come designed with this ability..

Just in case it was missed earlier, please consider adding something like the the RM-20/RM-22's switchable front end gain stage via V1b and a pot, a very useful feature even without the post SS gain boost parts!

Thanks Bruce, great to hear of the new stuff coming!

Nice, just a week away... is any one going to NAMM that can maybe post some videos or at least give us an in depth review of what Bruce is releasing?

Is it me or is Dave Friedmann one of the biggest cheerleaders for other amp builder? It's very cool that these guys can put their competitiveness aside and support each others innovations.

lintycreep said:
Is it me or is Dave Friedmann one of the biggest cheerleaders for other amp builder? It's very cool that these guys can put their competitiveness aside and support each others innovations.

To be completely honest with you, many of us are very good friends and support each other all of the time. Everything from sourcing parts to customer service assistance (particularly if it's someone more local to one of us) to brainstorming and trouble shooting. Many of us don't view what we do as a competition, but a brotherhood. There are some real good guys in our business. Those friendships are one of the best perks of doing what we do.

Kapo_Polenton said:
Fix the EFFECTS LOOP issue.... return/send levels. People play pedals these days, get with the program! :lol:

DIY solution:

http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?p=145039&highlight=#145039

Jaded Faith said:
lintycreep said:

To be completely honest with you, many of us are very good friends and support each other all of the time. Everything from sourcing parts to customer service assistance (particularly if it's someone more local to one of us) to brainstorming and trouble shooting. Many of us don't view what we do as a competition, but a brotherhood. There are some real good guys in our business. Those friendships are one of the best perks of doing what we do.

that's cool to hear. Brian Wampler has talked of the same sense of community & collaboration in the boutique pedal world

tschrama said:
Kapo_Polenton said:

DIY solution:

I see however that this is best for people that don't run the volumes too high on their modules? I run mine at about 80% up, almost full out.

Kapo_Polenton said:
tschrama said:
Kapo_Polenton said:

DIY solution:

I see however that this is best for people that don't run the volumes too high on their modules? I run mine at about 80% up, almost full out.

Keep it stock if you dont your volume run beyond 12h00 on the modules. The solution propose is for those of you who run your module volume beyond 12h00.

However, if you didn't get that allready, you're best of sending your amp to a technician.

If that bman module sounds as sweet as the existing Egnater bman I defenitely want one as well.

I love the simple look of these mods. One of those times less is more. But I think that this is one of those times that beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder. :)

This all sounds very interesting, but I wonder if the dual-channel hardwire switch is offered again as an option for those with 1-channel MTS amps

extralife said:
I hope they make some more exciting looking face plates. They look very boring. Why can't they make exciting designs like salvation mods, etc?

I totally agree. Buddy, 1/37, Graphic OR, among others by JF and the older SG mods are very cool. Gives me a visual feeling of the brands they're based on. (I know some others prefer less flash, and if the sounds weren't there as they are, then it wouldn't be cool at all.)

SALVAGED said:
Jacksauce said:
Seriously, we should be **** thankful for the backward compatibility. Improving the platform they use and offering new modules. Thank you Bruce!

I'm assuming this means the new platform will accept old modules, but NOT the other way around (as in: old platform accepting new modules)?

No, the Bruce Egnater quote does not mean that. It means that the new modules will work with the old Randall & Egnater products. Read the English.

Rhombus said:
SALVAGED said:
Jacksauce said:
Seriously, we should be **** thankful for the backward compatibility. Improving the platform they use and offering new modules. Thank you Bruce!

I'm assuming this means the new platform will accept old modules, but NOT the other way around (as in: old platform accepting new modules)?

No, the Bruce Egnater quote does not mean that. It means that the new modules will work with the old Randall & Egnater products. Read the English.

I'm not going to argue English semantics because I am ill-equipped to do so, nor will I disclose personal conversations Bruce has had with myself or others. What I will say is from those conversations I took away two things.

1) The new line of modules will have dual channel EQs.
Module-8_zpsaizyrx74.jpg

2) The new modular line will be compatible with the existing modular lines. Both old modules working with new hardware and new modules working with old hardware.

Things may have changed in closed door meetings, but Bruce seemed quite emphatic on not making dinosaurs of his existing products. I wouldn't bet the house on any of this, but I would be very surprised if the new modular line isn't both "backwards" and "forwards" compatible... whatever means what.