New MTS manufacturer!?!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SALVAGED said:
Excellent point... and I DO agree... but to be fair, you ALSO get a power amp & multiple channels with the "real" amps.

At five times the cost and in some case, ten times the cost. AND you need the space to store them.

SALVAGED said:
However, just as expensive for the guy who only wants one or two modules. :wink:

No, it's not.

If you to purchase a new Mesa/Boogie Rectifier and a Marshall Plexi, you'd be out over $4,000.00.

But with the MTS modified modules, you'd be out between $500-$900 dollars for exact replicas and in many case, far more options.

I'd take a Mashall+ over a Plexi or JCM800 reissue. I'd take a Sacred Grooves MK22 over a used 70's JMP. I can go on and on and on.

I heard this company is building brain scanners and and using ESP to make one master module...Sure it's hard to hide the electrodes while on stage, but just think of an amp, and out comes perfect tone...If you have ADD or ADHD, this is not the module for you...

Oh yeah, and I agree with Mike P on some modules being so perfect on a specific tone moreso than the luck you would have buying an original at Guitar Center...

Mike P said:
No, it's not.
If you to purchase a new Mesa/Boogie Rectifier and a Marshall Plexi, you'd be out over $4,000.00.

Ok, if you put it that way, then yeah. I was thinking more of something along the lines of a Marshall JVM with multiple Marshall "voices" available as independant channels... just an example. Kinda like having 4 Mash-All's set as independant voices... OR, a Plexi channel, an 800 channel, a modern "marshall" channel, and a "marshall" clean. Some guys ONLY want a Marshall... and I know several guys who really only want one amp (I'm not one of them :lol: )

Hilarious post. No knobs or switches - just pics of them. I don't think the take it or leave it tone will go over well.

Kind of strange that a company that is set for a Nov 1 release for their modules does not have a website yet (?)

And the person who posted this only has 2 posts? interesting....

comic-book-guy-worst-ever.gif

Too many knobs, switches,& LEDs... :shock:
:idea: I'll stay confused.

1st paragraph I was intrigued, from then on I thought this sounds like a joke. My favorite line of the post is that the module detects the style of music & shuts down if you are playing the wrong style. Just when I thought I needed a Blackface for some searing heavy metal lead work. They shut me down. :lol:

:lol: I tweak all the time. It may be very little, but still enough to alter the tone. Maybe I want a little less mids, maybe a little more... depends on the day or the room or the guitar or the cab/speakers. Besides I believe tone is predominantly in the fingers/hands. So a set tone for someone else may not be the same tone for me. Or maybe I want something a little different.

I think I would be more receptive to an announcement of a new MTS compatible amp manufacturer than a new module manufacturer.

I've have enough Randall heads and combos with issues that I'm a bit worried there will come a day where we're stuck with piles of modules and nothing to plug them into. I would love for someone to make a basic one-slot preamp chassis with no printed circuit boards, just PTP wiring that any ol' amp tech can troubleshoot and repair if necessary long after the MTS amp well dries up.

Mike P said:
But with the MTS modified modules, you'd be out between $500-$900 dollars for exact replicas and in many case, far more options.

Hold on there

Exact replica and far more options are big words, if that were possible I'd like a Mesa Mk V module please (with the poweramp options as well)

In comparison:
RM4 with RT2/50, Midi footswitch, 2 Marshall and 2 Mesa modded modules would be
$600 + $1000 + $100 + 4x $175 + 4x $250 = $3400

JVM210 = $1600
Mesa Rectifier = $1600
ABY boxes to run 2 amps with 1 guitar and one speaker $200

If I were to want a pure Marshall or Mesa based setup I would save about $1000 if I bought a JVM410H instead of 4x a Mash-All and the needed hardware to drive these modules
Or I could have bought a Mesa Mk V and also saved around $1000

Two thoughts:

Where did OP get press release from? I'm not finding anything about this, but my google-fu may be weak :lol:

I wonder if Bruce is able to pop in and give his 2 cents, since the company would have to license the MTS patent(s) to get off the ground. Of course there could be a NDA in place.

Nightdare said:
Mike P said:

Hold on there

Exact replica and far more options are big words, if that were possible I'd like a Mesa Mk V module please (with the poweramp options as well).

If you want a Mesa Mk V, then I suggest you approach an amp modder and ask him to develop a module for you. That's exactly what I had done with the Sacred Grooves MK22, Diablo & Fish. And considering that I've not only owned all of the original amps and recorded them for years and am intimately familiar with the sound of each amp, I can absolutely guarantee those modules are identical.

I owned an Engl and once I received a Salvation Mods Angel, I was able to replicate the tone to the point where in a blind test, I couldn't tell which amp was which.

Nightdare said:
In comparison:
RM4 with RT2/50, Midi footswitch, 2 Marshall and 2 Mesa modded modules would be
$600 + $1000 + $100 + 4x $175 + 4x $250 = $3400

JVM210 = $1600
Mesa Rectifier = $1600
ABY boxes to run 2 amps with 1 guitar and one speaker $200

If I were to want a pure Marshall or Mesa based setup I would save about $1000 if I bought a JVM410H instead of 4x a Mash-All and the needed hardware to drive these modules
Or I could have bought a Mesa Mk V and also saved around $1000

This supposition is completely flawed.

1. You included a Midi switcher in Example A but not in Example B.
2. A Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier maps at $1,899.00 http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/RectDualHDBK/
3. A Marshall JVM maps at $2300.00 http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/JVM410H/

That's a total of $4,199.00, not $3,200. That's a $999.00 difference.

Randall versus Actual amp:

1. Randall RM100 maps $1,199.00 and gives three full channels (amps), not two.
2. Randall modules map at $209.00 but can be purchased everywhere new for $189 or less.
3. Depending on the modder or the mod, you'll spend between $100 and $400 for a modification.

So, let's say you spend an average of $275 per mod. That puts your Randall system at $2651, if you purchase the modules brand new for full MAP of $209.

$4,199 for two amps or $2,651 for three?

To me, the answer is clear.

Mike P said:

I'm guessing it's because the RM4 requires the buyer to purchase some type of channel selector seperately... and the other amps he mentions, probably come with a footswitch...?

SALVAGED said:
Mike P said:

I'm guessing it's because the RM4 requires the buyer to purchase some type of channel selector seperately... and the other amps he mentions, probably come with a footswitch...?

The Randall RM100 has a 3 channel Midi footswitch included. Also, RT2/50's are no longer in production.

Mike P said:
The Randall RM100 has a 3 channel Midi footswitch included. Also, RT2/50's are no longer in production.

Without trying to argue... maybe I missed it, but I didn't see where he mentioned an RM100...? If the example is now using 3 channels of MTS, then wouldn't the "original amp" example need to be lowered, channel-wise, as well (possibly lowering the price of that side of the example, as well)?

Look, I personally love the MTS stuff & am currently selling/trading my other gear to get more MTS gear. I think it makes sense, because I share the same philosphy as you (wanting more amps, for less money in the long run). The point was, some guys are perfectly happy with a single channel amp, like an 18watt Ceriatone "Marshall clone" or something... I know several great players who have that philosophy. An MTS amp is not cost effective to a player with simpler needs... It's a different philosophy than yours & mine... and that does not make them wrong or flawed. I think that was the point. It really just depends on the individuals needs. At a certain point, yes, MTS is totally practical... but in some cases, not practical at all.

SALVAGED said:
Mike P said:

Without trying to argue... maybe I missed it, but I didn't see where he mentioned an RM100...?

He was countering my opinion that modded modules are identical to the amps they clone and that the MTS series wasn't cost effective.

I'd rather respond to him directly but my point is that if you're going to make comparisons, make them Apple to Apple, not Apple to Orange.

Mike P said:
He was countering my opinion that modded modules are identical to the amps they clone and that the MTS series wasn't cost effective.

...my point is that if you're going to make comparisons, make them Apple to Apple, not Apple to Orange.

Yeah... ok, but it's still only cost effective "at some point". And for the apples-to-apples comparison... how about ONE amp, either way, with one manufacturer's set of channels... such as: a 3 channel Mesa head and 3 channel Randall head with 3 exact clones of the Mesa channels on the original head. Then it doesn't work out so well... The point I was trying to make, was some guys ONLY want a single channel (insert brand here) amp... or a multi-channel amp of one manufacturer's tones... they don't want a mix of different amp circuilts. It doesn't make them wrong... they just have a different approach for their needs. Like I said though, I'm with you (and with most MTS users on here), I WANT lots of amps... and MTS modded modules make sense (and cost effective) for OUR philosophy.

Man... we REALLY hijacked this thread... :lol:

SALVAGED said:
Mike P said:

Yeah... ok, but it's still only cost effective "at some point". And for the apples-to-apples comparison... how about ONE amp, either way, with one manufacturer's set of channels... such as: a 3 channel Mesa head and 3 channel Randall head with 3 exact clones of the Mesa channels on the original head. Then it doesn't work out so well...

Sure it does.

It's still cheaper to purchase an RM100 and have someone mod three modules to whichever amp you'd like than to purchase a Rectifier outright. Maybe not by much, but it still works.

But then again, that doesn't make much sense, IMO. The beauty of the MTS is that you can have an Orange next to a Marshall next to Engl. You can't do that with a dedicated amp.

SALVAGED said:
The point I was trying to make, was some guys ONLY want a single channel (insert brand here) amp... or a multi-channel amp of one manufacturer's tones... they don't want a mix of different amp circuilts. It doesn't make them wrong... they just have a different approach for their needs.

Well in that situation, you're correct. But once again, that's not really a topic for an MTS forum, is it?

:p

such as: a 3 channel Mesa head and 3 channel Randall head with 3 exact clones of the Mesa channels on the original head. Then it doesn't work out so well...
there's a few modules out there that can handle multiple tones with toggles; i.e Recto: orange & red...works out great !

Mike P said:
But then again, that doesn't make much sense, IMO. The beauty of the MTS is that you can have an Orange next to a Marshall next to Engl. You can't do that with a dedicated amp.

Exactly. That's our philosophy here. :lol:

I'd take a Mashall+ over a Plexi or JCM800 reissue. I'd take a Sacred Grooves MK22 over a used 70's JMP. I can go on and on and on.

Listen, I'm really digging my Lynch Box and I love my Hilligan modded SL+ and my Judge and Brahma's stock BUT I personally would not take the above modules in place of the real deal. I suspect that Sacred Groove would probably take a real 70's JMP over his own mod too... simply because it is vintage and kick ***! I could be wrong though..

Ok so yes, the MTS route is bang for your buck. All I am suggesting is that they would sell more of the salvation modules if they priced them up in the 300$ range to compete with the Judge, The Malcolm etc... that's all.