New Voodoo Amps Mod - GREAT Vintage Marshall Tone

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KillTone

Reaction score
Hi All:

I just wanted to let you all know about a new modification that Voodoo is doing. If you are a fan of Marshall tone you HAVE to check one of these out. The JMP-MV mod.

I called Trace at Voodoo a few months ago and we talked about this killer '70's Marshall JMP that I heard. Balanced tone, loud but easy on the ears, good gain, very warm. Trace knew exactly what I was talking about and told me he was in the process of developing a mod for that. So, I sent him module and he worked one up for me. He REALLY nailed it on this one.

It is not a high gainer but a solid mid gainer. The frequencies are really well balanced - not super bright like a JCM 800. I have a GigMods Plexi and SL+ as well as a Mr. Scary. All great colors of Marshall, but I have to say that adding this 4th Marshall module is not a duplication at all - it is a totall different voice and feel. It also responds really well to a boost pedal (Boss SD-1).

If you are looking for a Marshall tone that is a little more vintage sounding than Hair Metal tone, this is the way to go - although it can do the hair metal tones too.

With Voodoo's customer service, pricing and turnaround times, this is homerun if you are looking to upgrade a module.

I know - you want to hear a clip. Unfortunately, I am not set up to record right now. I think there is a guy who goes by Mike P on here that has the first one of these modules. Maybe he has something he can post?