Power amp/slave amp for RM4

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

disk11

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a RM4 in the near future, but my budget will be somewhat limited for the power section of this setup, so no RT2-50 yet.

I don't gig, but it would be nice to be able to have something I could practice at home and be able to jam. The issue is how much wattage would I need to ensure I can be heard when using a clean tone?

A local music shop near me as two Peavey Classic 60 power amps, are they worth checking out?

My budget isn't set yet, not sure how much I'll have for this and not sure what modules I'll be getting as I have not sat down with anything yet. So the cheaper the better, and I am willing to go used.

any amp that has an FX loop will serve adequately as a power amp...you can just go guitar > RM4 > Amp FX return > cab... if you have one lying around, you're in business.

I think the street value of a Carvin TS100 is around $300. If you have a bit more you can find a Marshall 9100 for $400 which is a steal for a great power amp.

I'm using a Peavy Classic 60/60 off my RM4 ... Two thumbs up. (Once I had the used Peavy re-tubed)

Used the series return of my RM50HB head for almost as long as I've owned M4s/RM4s...several years now.. 8)

tehuk said:
Before I bought an RT2 I used an RM20 head fx return. Never had any problems.

What genre(s) and what sort of playing situations (ie solo, gig. etc). A smaller amp would be nice on the wallet, but I want be heard no matter the sound or situation is crucial to me. Otherwise I'd just get a Blackstar HT-5 and call it a day until I had a band.

disk11 said:
tehuk said:
Before I bought an RT2 I used an RM20 head fx return. Never had any problems.

What genre(s) and what sort of playing situations (ie solo, gig. etc). A smaller amp would be nice on the wallet, but I want be heard no matter the sound or situation is crucial to me. Otherwise I'd just get a Blackstar HT-5 and call it a day until I had a band.

I play anything from Van Halen to Children of Bodom. It was only two week span in which I had no power amp so I never had the chance to play live with that setup. I would probably have cranked the volume and mic'd the cab for a gig.