Quastion for RM4 chassis tubes

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hot Rod

Reaction score
Hi! everybody!! I am very confuse for this. There are 3 tubes behind RM4 chassis, do they work as 1 tube for input, 2 tubes for effect loop? or 1 for input, 1 for effect loop and 1 for phase inverter (or output)?
and please recommend the tubes for V1,V2,V3 in the chassis, because I wanna replace a stock tube with lower hum noise, since the original one's noisy. Thank you very much!!!

Hot Rod said:
Hi! everybody!! I am very confuse for this. There are 3 tubes behind RM4 chassis, do they work as 1 tube for input, 2 tubes for effect loop? or 1 for input, 1 for effect loop and 1 for phase inverter (or output)?
and please recommend the tubes for V1,V2,V3 in the chassis, because I wanna replace a stock tube with lower hum noise, since the original one's noisy. Thank you very much!!!

Answer is 1 for input, 1 for effects, 1 for phase inverter. I prefer JJ tubes from www.eurotubes.com. My tone improved dramaticially by changing stock tubes to:

Input - JJ ECC83S (gold pin)
Effects - JJ ECC83S
Phase Inverter - ECC83S (balanced)

Below is a part of an email I got from Bob at Eurotubes regarding my RM100
"Anyway, yes, I'm pretty familiar these amps. For the front end of the amp I usually use two of the standard JJ ECC83S preamp tubes for the input tube and FX tube and then a balanced ECC83S for the phase inverter. You can use one of the Gold pin ECC83S's for the input tube if you just want the best of the best and the difference is noticeable with a richer and fuller sound. "

Bob gives fantastic customer service and is super quick with delivery (halfway around the world and on my doorstep in 4 days!). Email him with any questions about the tubes.
Cheers Damian

Looking at tubes from rear of RM4:

lower left--input
upper left--post loop out
upper right--FX send/pre loop out

Phase inverters are typically found in power sections of an amp.

I had the same question and the source of this info totally escapes me right now.

Scott

Opps :oops:

Sorry, I should read things first before I reply. Input and two effects loop tubes in RM4. RM100 has input, loop and phase inverter.