Randall RF-4 g2/g3 footswitch

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danee

Reaction score
Hi,

I posted a topic in "other egnater amps" but didn't get any response. So i'll give it another try overhere :)

Can someone tell me if the Randall RF-4 g2/g3 footswitch works with my egnater ie4 preamp?

Cheers,
Marcel

Okay - I can't say if this will work for you (the Randal pedals are too much $ to take a chance (I think), but there is a schematic on the ultimate gear community for the wiring?

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135843

Perhaps Bruce E could look at the wiring in that link and confirm yes or no.

The link doesn't work :( i tried to search "egnater footswitch" but with no luck. Can you tell me how to find the schematic?

I bought the rf-4 g2/g3. But there is a little problem. The switch has a 6 pins din connector. So i'm pretty sure the 6th pin is used for phantom powering the switch. My groundcontrol crx provides phantom power through a 7pins connector.

Does anyone have a pin layout of the rf-4 or a schematic of a g2 or g3 amp?

Thanks,
Marcel

If the ie4 is designed similar to the M4 & RM4, there may be a an internal dip switch on the midi board. Phantom power should active on pins 1 & 3 and 6 & 7 but if it's not powering the footswitch, check the internal dip switch (if there is one). Hope that helps.

Edit: I see, you want to power it from the GCX? You might want to power the switch from the ie4 and then midi from the ie4 to the GCX.

After some research i found out that the Randall RF-4 g2/g3 footswitch is not a midi footswitch. I found schematics of g2 an g3 amps. The pin layout from the 6pins din connector has nothing to do with midi.

Maybe the footswitch can be used when i dont use midi but the two jack inputs of my Egnater ie4. I will post the results.

If someone has a good suggestion please let me know. The goal is a small 4 button switch for my egnater ie4.

Marcel

Latest posts