• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Randall T2 in flawless condition

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbailey1010

Reaction score
Got a flawless Randall T2 that was only used in the studio....Was retubed last week.......Footswitch included

$550 Shipped via paypal

Payment sent to rbailey1010 via Paypal on June 17th.

Communication continued until yesterday when he claimed he was leaving work early to send out amp to me.

By 11pm California time, no shipping information was forthcoming so a dispute was filed with Paypal and escalated to claim status. He has still not logged in here to the MTS forum to read my message to him describing my escalation of non-delivery with Paypal.

Paypal was able to recover the funds in question and has issued them back to my account.

If this could have been resolved amicably, that would have been far preferable to me. I wish it didn't have to be this way.

We'll see. He's appealed the funds reversal with Paypal. Hard to see how he could win the appeal given that the USPS tracking number has no record associated with that tracking number on the USPS website.

If he has shipped and the USPS is slow to update, it's clear that he's shipped TODAY, and then the real concern is why Ryan would have waited 10 days to ship the amp in question. Anything is possible but as of this point, I'm chalking it up to him being passive-aggressive.

This is quite sad. His last message to me on here sent that was sent on June 26th that if he "didn't ship by Monday he'd gladly refund my money." Per the message earlier in the thread, I disputed with Paypal after he'd already HAD MY PAYMENT FOR 10 DAYS and still NEVER sent tracking information.

At this point, I really don't want the amp. If I do receive the amp and Paypal has reversed themselves on appeal, I guess I'm going to have to keep it. The really thorny issue would be if I end up with the amp and the money, I'm wondering how would be able to get him to pay for shipping back to him? I'm certainly not a thief, but I'm sure as hell not going to pay the shipping for a transaction that he so clearly botched.

Good luck. I hope it works out in the end. Communication and quick shipment is key for a good forum transaction. It seems the party in question slipped up on both sides of that. It's a shame, a good transaction isn't very difficult.

What happened with this Zander?

I'm thinking of selling my T2 or V2 which are in great condition. I also live in Southern California, so maybe we could meet if you're still looking for one of these amps let me know :)

I was not at all happy with how this turned out.

Ryan waited until the DAY AFTER the Paypal claims procedure should have closed and then sent the amp. He said he'd sent it USPS and put in a tracking number.

At this point it wasn't that I didn't want the amp anymore, it's that I didn't want the amp from him anymore. I had told him through the forum here and in my Paypal claim to him. The extraordinary thing about it is that when he had last been in contact with me on June 27th (10 days after I submitted payment), he said that if he didn't get it out to me that day, he'd "gladly refund" my money.

So with no tracking number coming, I filed the Paypal claim and asked for my money. I had to wait 10 more days (July 7th) until I could get Paypal to act.

July 8th he sends the amp and submits the tracking information. He was so dodgy and last-minute about the whole thing that I checked the tracking number against the USPS website and it indicated no tracking. I got on the phone with Paypal and they confirmed that there wasn't a corresponding tracking number on USPS or UPS. I was refunded.

The amp showed up on July 12th.

I was furious. Then Ryan had the sanctimony to send me a note here and tell me to "do the right thing" and release the funds to him. On the last day of his appeal I got a note from Paypal telling me I should pay him since UPS confirmation showed that I received the amp.

I sat on the funds for as long as I felt comfortable. I paid him yesterday, but I was really pushing for him to send me $60.00 so I could ship the amp back to him. I just wanted out of the transaction.

In sending my payment to him, in the Paypal note (only 300 characters), I told him he should have honored his word and refunded the money like he said he would.

I haven't even really unpacked the amp I have such a sour taste in my mouth. The sad part is that I also received an oscilliscope through eBay right around the same time and haven't opened it so I can leave the seller positive feedback. (I got it to help build some Weber tube amp kits).

I also told RYAN BAILEY (born 10/10/1982) of CONROE TX in my note to him that this was the most unpleasant experience I have ever had with an online transaction and that I would do everything in my power to warn everyone on the Randall forums to stay away from him should he return.

I had even contacted the ConroePD and asked how to proceed. I found his address online. Do a Google search for rbailey1010. You'll see he likes spiders and has ripped off a few people on arachnoboards.com.

This could have turned out worse, of course. But it sure could have turned out a lot better.

Thanks for your offer Wookieslayer. I'm just going to have to stew about this for a while. I need to decide to get over it sooner rather than later. Maybe we can jam sometime?

Hey man np, glad it sort of worked out. I'd be glad to jam sometime. I live a little ways out in the Thousand Oaks / Agoura area. Shoot me a PM sometime.