Raw Material for Mods UXL or 1086?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George Jetson

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the MTS game, so please forgive me if I'm asking a stupid question. I've listened to the clips by hyenik (excellent job BTW) and I'm hearing something pretty similar, but different between the stock Ultra XL and the stock 1086. My intent is to send a module to Pete (after his backlog clears) for the infamous "Mailman 1087" mod.

My question is, are the components similar enough if I am modding it anyway, to save the $50 and send him a UXL instead of a 1086?

Thanks,
GJ

you may need to pay that $50 in adding an extra switch on the UXL- the 1086 has 2 switches already there...& I'm not sure if the mod would come out the same anyway- Pete really has this 1087 tweaked to perfection

crankyrayhanky said:
you may need to pay that $50 in adding an extra switch on the UXL- the 1086 has 2 switches already there...& I'm not sure if the mod would come out the same anyway- Pete really has this 1087 tweaked to perfection
Oh Yeah........his mod is the BEST! Super brutal and very articulate.
Anything from Blues to Death metal! 8)
And besides.....with a name like "MailMan Mod" How can you go wrong?? :wink:

George Jetson said:
Hi, I'm new to the MTS game, so please forgive me if I'm asking a stupid question. I've listened to the clips by hyenik (excellent job BTW) and I'm hearing something pretty similar, but different between the stock Ultra XL and the stock 1086. My intent is to send a module to Pete (after his backlog clears) for the infamous "Mailman 1087" mod.

My question is, are the components similar enough if I am modding it anyway, to save the $50 and send him a UXL instead of a 1086?

Thanks,
GJ
I have both these modules, stock. To me, the 1086 sounds very similar to the UXL...but with a little less balls and clarity. If I wasnt going to mod either of them, I'd keep the UXL hands down and sell the 1086. But I've heard a lot of great things for the modded 1086 so if you're going that direction, it might change everything. the mods cost as much another module, so it better sound significantly better, IMO.
Good luck