RM100 running with no sound

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattfig

Reaction score
OK guys, this has been making me nuts...I checked all fuses (yes, even the ones hidden under the MIDI board)....My amp powers up, tubes light, no sound, no bias readings? Any ideas on what to do next?

Maybe it's what happened to me? Exact same symptoms -

http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=17255&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

VOD said:
Maybe it's what happened to me? Exact same symptoms -

http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=17255&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Wow....OK, so what solved the issue...Something before that housing was put together? I'm a bit confused but it is an identical issue and I appreciate you chiming in with help, this is really annoying me! :)

It seems semi common. The copper spacer underneath the ohms switch had become loose over time and slid out of place. After popping it out it took two seconds to get it back in order.

The second post on page 2 by kc2eeb tells the reassembly order. It's worth a try.

Believe me, I can sympathize. I went nuts for two days with mine!

I'm sure you've probably done all these, but just running possibilities through my head-

Checked / swapped all tubes in modules and head, inverter, etc.

Jumper effects loop

Swap modules in slots.

Check fuses with meter (I've had them go out without looking like it on visual inspection).

VOD said:
I'm sure you've probably done all these, but just running possibilities through my head-

Checked / swapped all tubes in modules and head, inverter, etc.

Jumper effects loop

Swap modules in slots.

Check fuses with meter (I've had them go out without looking like it on visual inspection).

Yep.... :cry:

My next thought would be faulty standby switch. Do you get any pop or noise when switching on?

OK, I guess I should ask...Which fuses should I be checking? There's a lot when it comes down to it...I was mainly concerned with the two under the MIDI board but they have been replaced with the proper value and checked for continuity...****!!!

Not the answer your probably going to want, but If you have it open, I would just check them all. I'm having a brainfart and can't remember the location of the ones that would be the most obvious, sorry about that.

It may be worth the piece of mind knowing you eliminated all fuse possibilities. are you popping them out to check?

I know someone who had a standby switch go out that caused a similar thing as I mentioned, so that would be next for me after the fuses.

Finally, did this one get a new Salvation board? If so, I would check the connections on it, and see if something got knocked out of place with the standby during installation if you did put one in.

AND WE'RE BACK!!!

Thanks guys...This one turned out to be the standby switch...But not at the switch itself...Somehow the connector from the switch back to the main board came loose...As soon as I saw it I, I peed a little from sheer happiness...One little connection and voila!

Thanks!!!!

That's what I get for tinkering around these things....This is one of 3 RM100s I have and is the one I like to bang on to try different stuff...I play it safe but like to explore a bit...Somewhere in my adventures I must have bumped the connector loose and it must have just slid out while I was juggling my amps....

Glad you figured it out, bro. I have a MOD50 all apart taking pics for Anthony. ****, I hope I put it back together right. :lol:

Glad you got her back up Matt. I was definitely thinking it was something to do with the standby.