RM20 Combo Users - Seeking Answers

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbailey1010

Reaction score
I am getting a rattling noise when playing lower palm muted notes through my Modern module. This is a new combo for me (I bought it used) and have replaced all the tubes. The noise occurs no matter what module is in. I have also tightened down every screw on the amp. I am almost pretty sure its just mechanical noise caused by the speaker since its a 3/4 closed back combo amp. I've been doing a lot of researching and found a good FAQ on eurotubes.com about EL84 tubes and tube combo amps and getting the same rattling noise I am getting

Anyone experiencing the same thing?

Rattling is a common thing in combo amps when you turn up the volume. I've owned two combo amps, and played a lot of them. The only combo amp that didn't rattle was my Fender HR Deville 212.

I pretty much figured that but would rather have someone who has experienced the same thing tell me that.....I bought some tube dampeners for EL84s...we'll see how well they work, even if it reduces it by half id be a happy camper

Thanks for the reply