RM22 direct recording out???

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have experience with this? My RM22 manual says the XLR should be active in silent mode...Mine is not, however it works with live mode...

Is there a fix for this or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!!

I was under the impression it should work in silent mode- that's the whole allure of the xlr out for di recording

OK, I think I get it....I just don't plug a speaker in in Live mode and it must do something with the load inside? Or am I just gonna blow it up running it in Live mode without an attached cab? Any advice is appreciated...

For anyone following this and trying to find an official answer....I went back about 50,000 pages in the search function and found where it was confirmed there is an internal dummy load when you switch to Live using XLR output....

If this is wrong, someone please chime in....I don't wanna fry my amp but I do want to utilize its bedroom volume possibilities and for me right now, that's thru my studio monitors when it's gotta be quiet....

Check the user guide here :

http://www.randallamplifiers.com/images/stories/manuals/RM20_22MANUAL_9_21_10.pdf

You want to use the speaker emulation?
Why not using the send of the effects loop? It will surely kill the signal.(i don't know how works the 1/4 line out)

I took a leap of faith and recorded with my Rm22 with no cab for several hours. No problems. And it sounds great! But I don't know that I'm not hurting my amp.

Bhosterman said:
I took a leap of faith and recorded with my Rm22 with no cab for several hours. No problems. And it sounds great! But I don't know that I'm not hurting my amp.

Hi and welcome...I've been informed that it does NOT hurt your amp to do that...Just unplug the speaker cable from the back and go...The manual makes it sound like the Direct Out should be up and running in silent mode but obviously that is not the case...