RM50 combo rattle

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuitarGuyLP

Reaction score
I have been running my RM50 combo with no modules, but my Mako Mak4 going into the FX return. Only one problem at higher volumes there is a good rattle coming from somewhere in the amp. I haven't had a combo in years, any idea what can be rattling?? This one does have reverb, but I don't think it is the reverb tank.

I will be playing with this tonight to see if I can quiet it down. Any ideas will be helpfull!!!

I'm no tech, but first guy response is either reverb tank, tube rattle or possible loose speaker. Also, do you have your head on top of the combo? That could be a source too

I would start with the speakers too - maybe a loose screw . . . You don't happen to have speaker diffusers (like Weber Beam Blockers) attached to the front of your speakers, do you? I had an issue with mine rattling at first and they required a little adjustment.

I will tighten all the screws I can find when I get home. I want to get this sorted out before I get my modules.

Thanks for the help!!