Running 2 RM4's?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riculus

Reaction score
I've seen people run 2 RM4's so my ? is this. How do they run one channel at a time through the same system?

I use an Ibanez EPP400 which has the capability of switching up to 5 RM4's in and out of the signal path - true bypass with no "sucking of tone". The EPP400 is similar to the GFX switching system, is rack-mountable (1U), and a much more cost-effective solution than the GFX.

Also, it responds to MIDI Program Change messages so you can use the same foot pedal to drive both RM4 module selection and the EPP400 patch selection.

Unfortunately, EPP400's are as rare as hen's teeth. I currently have 3 of these units. I'd consider selling one if you are interested. PM or EMAIL me.

I am using a Soundsculpture Switchblade.
You program loops, just like any looper, BUT
also use both preamps in series, parallel or even greater: panning
both preamps to the left and right.

For example:
Salvation DReadplate Left // Salvation Mamba Right
Salvation Masholdano ch1 left // Salvation Rhoadie Right
Salvation Masholdano ch2 left // Mash-All+ ch3 right

I use the Switchblade as a splitter, looper, panning, dry:wet mixer.

I think Fig has this mastered. Where is he when you need him? :roll:

Great input so far though! Good work team. :lol:

Pretty sure Fig is running his though his GCX which I have and am trying to avoid using due to a ground loop issue. I was looking for a simple solution. Would be awesome if you could run one into another and they just worked together...o well :wink:

drewiv said:

:lol: We PM'd about it already.

FWIW, I still run two GCXs and a GCP. Not the most simple or cost effective way to go but it works perfectly for what I need. Linking two GCXs has allowed me to run many pedals, RM4s, processing, etc with one button. Just my Mashall+ has 8 different options. It's a lot of cables and can lead me on an occasional witch hunt. But once it's up and going it makes it really easy to play with FX and routings and stay true bypass when recording.

For me personally, I have about 5 different OD boosts that fit in great with mods and changing things up a bit between gain-based tones. While I rely on my OCD, TS808 and Greenie, I still keep others linked in just in case.

I have a lot of stuff being recorded now (will be sharing soon) and will have a new website and some fun surprises in store. :wink:

Mattfig said:
drewiv said:

:lol: We PM'd about it already.

FWIW, I still run two GCXs and a GCP. Not the most simple or cost effective way to go but it works perfectly for what I need. Linking two GCXs has allowed me to run many pedals, RM4s, processing, etc with one button. Just my Mashall+ has 8 different options. It's a lot of cables and can lead me on an occasional witch hunt. But once it's up and going it makes it really easy to play with FX and routings and stay true bypass when recording.

For me personally, I have about 5 different OD boosts that fit in great with mods and changing things up a bit between gain-based tones. While I rely on my OCD, TS808 and Greenie, I still keep others linked in just in case.

I have a lot of stuff being recorded now (will be sharing soon) and will have a new website and some fun surprises in store. :wink:

I know who to talk to regarding such things ;)

BTW, went to watch the Voxless video and it's down...I need...I need.

GtrGear said:
I am using a Soundsculpture Switchblade.
You program loops, just like any looper, BUT
also use both preamps in series, parallel or even greater: panning
both preamps to the left and right.

For example:
Salvation DReadplate Left // Salvation Mamba Right
Salvation Masholdano ch1 left // Salvation Rhoadie Right
Salvation Masholdano ch2 left // Mash-All+ ch3 right

I use the Switchblade as a splitter, looper, panning, dry:wet mixer.

I'm thinking about trying something kinda similar. Run separate RM4s into each side of the amp essentially having the cab split between the two RM4s. I could run them separately for the most part but could mix the two as well ie clean and dirty together...could be interesting.