Sacred Groove Bully

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ampoholic

Reaction score
Been using the Bully as my rhythm channel (RM 100) for awhile now and it continues to amaze with its versatility. From (nearly) clean, to light and medium overdrives, to heavy distortion this thing rules. And all with a flick of a switch and minor tweaking. I frequently use a boost with it and it loves that too.

Thanks Scott! Great mod!

The Bully slays! I love mine and agree with all you said - such a versatile mod yet with only two switches (a lot of cool stuff happening with this one).

Seriously one of the heaviest if not up at top for high gain right with my Angel B, highly underrated mod that needs more love IMHO!

Does anyone have a good clip of the bully? I've heard it was made to get the EVH/brown sound and I would like to hear an example of it doing that.

Ampoholic said:
Been using the Bully as my rhythm channel (RM 100) for awhile now and it continues to amaze with its versatility. From (nearly) clean, to light and medium overdrives, to heavy distortion this thing rules. And all with a flick of a switch and minor tweaking. I frequently use a boost with it and it loves that too.

Thanks Scott! Great mod!

Thanks a lot! If it weren't for Drew the Bully may've not been realized yet. 8)

Definitely juicy.. I think that clips suffers a bit from the cab impulses. I like those impulses but they take a bit of the rawness away from the real thing. Someone send me their bully and I'll record a bunch of VH clips ;)

I personally would love to hear it do JTM45 gain.. medium/low overdrive tones.

Kapo_Polenton said:
Definitely juicy.. I think that clips suffers a bit from the cab impulses. I like those impulses but they take a bit of the rawness away from the real thing. Someone send me their bully and I'll record a bunch of VH clips ;)

I personally would love to hear it do JTM45 gain.. medium/low overdrive tones.

I hope to be making a low gain clip soon. Mike also may make one, as well.

The impulses are as vintage Greenback as I could find. I think the mix could be better, but I never touched the EQ. Actually, every clip I make is completely raw, and the only adjustments I do make are strictly volume and pan.

mikegyver said:
Does anyone have a good clip of the bully? I've heard it was made to get the EVH/brown sound and I would like to hear an example of it doing that.

www.mikeplas.com/mlib/am/boogiechild.mp3

www.mikeplas.com/mlib/am/rowparty.mp3

those two clips sound great. obviously you know how to record, what were you using for cab/speakers + mics

what was used in post?

I know I won't get this sound out of my combo, even mic'd but I wonder how close it sounds to what I would be able to get

Thanks

withmittens said:
those two clips sound great. obviously you know how to record, what were you using for cab/speakers + mics

what was used in post?

I know I won't get this sound out of my combo, even mic'd but I wonder how close it sounds to what I would be able to get

Thanks

In case you missed this clip.

Here is the original clip I made. Haven't made any since then.
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11358641

I've had my Bully for a few days. What an awesome tone to have! I can't believe there isn't more talk about it!

See the second photo in the following thread:

http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=15376