Salavtion Chupacabra Owners!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isaac

Reaction score
What do you guys think of the module? How versatile is it, and how clean can it get?

What modules have you guys sold in favour of the Chupacabra? Why?

I love my Chupa! Hands down one of the most versatile modules I've owned - can get some good cleans, great crunch and heavy to over the top gain....and all in one module - amazing!

It's the most underrated module I'm my opinion and it shouldn't be, mine is never leaving my collection. All my high gain mods have gone up against the Chupa and none have dethroned it :)

Isaac said:
What do you guys think of the module? How versatile is it, and how clean can it get?

What modules have you guys sold in favour of the Chupacabra? Why?

about clean I?m not sure, this is higain module.
And they are solded ?cause it is not copy of some legendary amp (sad? no, only market reality)
Chupa is very versatile higain with recto flavour, but without problem of origin recto sound, and many other features for personal tweaking. And of course its sound is not pleasing only real. For me it is perfect crossover between two basic higain sounds. (Recto - bulldozer and Engl - lasergun)

I don't own one, but Anthony recently reamped a DI track of mine through one, I have to say .. holy crap!
Most aggression I've ever heard. ;) Very clear but also very punchy. I've only heard one setting but I'm sure with those features it makes for a very versatile mod. :)

Just from clips it sounds right up my alley. It retains a Marshall base, but it's voiced a little more modern, ala recto's and MK-era Boogies. Some of the clips remind me of a more aggressive, thicker version of Anthrax's guitar tone around Among The Living.

I'm trying to find something that has a Marshall base, but strays from that, and has some more modern voicings. Extra switches for the sake of tweaking is always a plus.

How did you guys find the clarity and articulation on the Chupacabra?

I tend to play alot of chords with lots of ringing open strings, and some denser clusters as well.

Isaac, from your description it does sound perfect for you.
From my limited experience it was very defined! Some others can answer this better.

It's the same module as the 1666 with more options for tone shaping and Ive owned a 1666....it has a very thick and aticulate tone with loads of sustain....The 1666 was just a very hard module to tame,which was why I sold it,but I liked it alot....but you cant really go wrong with any Salvation module.I have heard a bad one yet....