Screws and nuts

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joey_truelove

Reaction score
Dales district, Sweden - heartland of Swedish folk
I seem to have mislayed some screws to one of my modules. I'm also short of a nut for a potentiometer. Does anyone know the specs for those screws? I suppose that nut is 1/4", but not sure where to find such... slim nuts, or if they go by any particular name. I'm in the olde worlde if it matters.

Thanx!

Which screws?
the ones that fit them into the amps (thumbscrews) or ones that hold the cage on over the tubes?

I have just upgraded all my panel screws on my 42 modules to stainless steel ones, so I have spare panel screws that came with the modules

felineguitars said:
Which screws?
the ones that fit them into the amps (thumbscrews) or ones that hold the cage on over the tubes?

I have just upgraded all my panel screws on my 42 modules to stainless steel ones, so I have spare panel screws that came with the modules
Thanx mate! Sorry, should have been more specific there. The screws I'm looking for are the ones that hold the PCB in place - and indeed the protective cage for the preamp valves.

Those suggested by BigBrewtus above are excellent replacements and they look really good.

The title of this topic "Screws and Nuts" reminded me of a newspaper article I read a few years back in my native England. It's early so please forgive me for posting this.

One of the patients in a "hospital for the mentally challenged" escaped one evening. He hid out in a local Chinese Laundry until he was discovered by the staff the following day. Unfortunately, he ravaged a couple of the staff before disappearing again. The police are still looking for him.

The newspaper heading for this story read "Nut Screws Washers and Bolts".

joey_truelove said:
Thanx good people, and that's all great to know. But I wasn't refering to the thumbscrews that hold the entire module in place in the amp, but the ones that hold the PCB to the plate-thingy. Sorry for being unclear.

I'd like to know as well. I posted much the same question a few months back and got no response.