So.. XTC... Everyone should try it??

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warlok

Reaction score
So, I'm probably going to trade or sell my Trilogy and am looking at a JF XTC as its replacement. I have a 59RR, Erect, 1086 (stock), and a KH1 that is probably going if the XTC clean is as good as I've heard. Also hear it is ridiculously versatile. So... talk me into it! (After all, that's what we're all here for, right? lol)

I have the older version and it's been a favorite. I use it for a lead tone mostly and I find it easy to play as it covers up my slop nicely. The clean sound is great as are the mid gain plexi tones. So ya, you should get one!

Rob's current version of the XTC is just amazing. There's not much you can't do with it. For 80's and 90's tones it doesn't get much better than this. It certainly won't have as much gain as your Trilogy, but I think it's more articulate and chunky. The clean sound is not its best feature, but it's great for using pedals to get your gain color.

audiomidijace said:
Rob's current version of the XTC is just amazing. There's not much you can't do with it. For 80's and 90's tones it doesn't get much better than this. It certainly won't have as much gain as your Trilogy, but I think it's more articulate and chunky. The clean sound is not its best feature, but it's great for using pedals to get your gain color.
Agreed.

The clean is a plexi clean, not a Fender clean, so if you're looking for pristine, then the JF XTC won't get you there. But for live clean tones, it does just what I need it to.

Just confirmed my order with Rob for an xtc mod on my stock sl+. Shipping out tomorrow cant wait to get it back.