• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as I expected....
Sorry to all good americans.

But this is different thing, take amp and put it in small module, than only producing copy of Orange head. Specific problems, very small space, etc
Not like take finished work of somebody, only "put some new ideas" and sell it with smile. If you dont feel difference, this is very sad.
Everybody have same starting point - MTS system.
Why okstrat, DF, Voodoo, Salvation do their own way, and some other "modders" not????

Yes, because copying is much easier then thinking.
Especially in so small community like MTS......

on other thread is problem with guy from Bugera company, and this is OK and no harm? Bugera has its own designs, hasn?t it? ;)

hyenik is a great asset to this community

I understand the frustration he must feel after all the hard work they put in and to see someone post a sale where they don't even hide the fact that they basically copied the design. hyenik is right, the other pros develop their own style that is individualized rather than reverse engineering

randall3 said:
This is out of hand... Southside does good things and in to way are they trying to rip off Salvation with this. I was just seeing if anyone would want to purchasing this as im not using it anymore. if people feel this strong that this is a rip off than I will take down the listing.

How is it a good thing to steal somebody's work and profit from it? Whoever bought it is a scumbag as well.

srrdude said:
Yeah, i think he did. Let's not forget the stonerverb is a rip off of an orange amp, something brits put thousands of hours into developing only to have some Czech dudes spend a hundred or hours or so to rip off.

And then complain about being ripped off. Does no one see the irony here?

I want only to say that there is big difference between two things:
1.Modify MTS module to circuit that sounds and close as possible to real amp-head.
2. disassemble real module which someone built and simply copy values and signal traces into another module.

Do you see that difference?

I saw here picture of guts of that module (and misapplication of Salvation name) before it was deleted by seller. It really looks like exact copy of my Stonerverb, with different brand of capacitors.

As Hyenik pointed out, I am using some tricks and dummy components, to prevent easy copying. I am almost sure that copy will not sound as good as my stonerverb(and my other modules).

If you want Stonerverb, go with Salvation.
If you want fake, buy what you want.
let your ears be the judge

peace

Anthony
SALVATION

I can't believe the patriots raising their heads in unison in this thread over hyeniks argument based towards that group? Jesus, sounds like Australia Day spirit is in the USA currently too.
If you don't think hyenik has a valid point, then really you are quite obviously just a simpleton and don't understand the most basic concepts of life.
If you think that directly copying someones custom work in a small community is the same as designing a module BASED ON a legendary old amp then the same above applies, rocks in the head.
For all most people know, Anthony may well rely reasonably heavily on his mods to provide some income for himself, I think that's a fairly reasonable assumption, so what gives "Southside Research" the right to directly copy his mods and try and undercut his work for a minute share of this market created by the hype of Salvations great work?
Pretty disgusting thing to do essentially, yet to then post it so openly and brazenly and be genuinely surprised when the original creators of the stonerverb mod (who obviously post on here as well, and were always going to see it) see it and are angry about it, well that's just ridiculous.

Wow did this for sale thread ever go bad, lol. We buy amps for there specs, tone and price... not there politics. every good amp is a DIRECT rip off of another amp, just look back at the history of amps and there makers. the MTS just allows you to rip off a few at a time, plus modify them to your liking.
although if someone is copying salvation just to bump him out, that's just dirty.

I fail to see the problem with him selling a module modified by someone else other then our regulars.

but then again i'm not a political guy...

...just a fly on the wall

I fail to see the problem with him selling a module modified by someone else other then our regulars.

I agree, the original poster most likely is just a gearhead who happened along a cool module and then decided to flip it

But the engineer of the module may need to answer some questions...

eyeball987 said:
I can see it now. Modded modules are going to start coming with that black epoxy goop all over them. :roll:

Anything that helps prevent this unscrupulous crap going down is fine with me...

JKD said:
eyeball987 said:
I can see it now. Modded modules are going to start coming with that black epoxy goop all over them. :roll:

Anything that helps prevent this unscrupulous crap going down is fine with me...
Agreed..
If "Southside Research" want an Orange tone module, then perhaps instead of directly copying Anthony's work, than can copy his work ethic and approach to arriving at a tone.. aka, running over the schematic, tweaking components and A/B'ing with the real amp.

lolthrash said:
JKD said:
eyeball987 said:

Agreed..
If "Southside Research" want an Orange tone module, then perhaps instead of directly copying Anthony's work, than can copy his work ethic and approach to arriving at a tone.. aka, running over the schematic, tweaking components and A/B'ing with the real amp.

+1

Bring on the goop.

Anthony's modules certainly look the best. He certainly schooled on that part of selling the modules. Well done.

loltrash I dont think you understand some of the most basic concepts of life, like don't beat up the innocent, especially as your post notes everyone knew who the bad guy was.

Yes I think Hyenik is right to be upset, more so Anthony. He said sorry to those not responsible. It was kind of a bad slip and if you can't grasp the reaction I guess you would let people **** on you and just smile? I doubt it. Just as Hyenik would not take it though he probably could have put it a better way given a few seconds thought.

If your post started at the part that says "For all most people know..." I would be with you all the way.

Can't we all just... piss off the neighbors with loud guitars? lol

Guys listen this was and is the only module (ever). No one is trying to take food out of Salvations mouths. It was very stupid of me to put this in here. I just wasn't thinking it would be this affending to people. That's my fault. Again there is not going to be 20 of these posted to rip off Salvation. I see everybodies buddies point of view here and would like to move along. Sorry again. I didn't really mean to flip out on anyone In previous posts. Sorry for that as well.

Latest posts