Suhr/Custom Audio Electronics PT100 vs OD100 vids, awesome!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nyne

Reaction score
Here is an awesome video of the CAA PT100 and OD 100.
Which Modules can help me get really close to these tones, Hi gain, crunch and Clean.
I think the PT100 and OD100 use either EL34 or 5881 tubes and that contributes to the tone as well.

I did ask about a mod which would nail the OD100/ SE vibe but i think the PT100 is a different design from the SE+ preamp, i could be wrong.

Is it a realistic goal or would one be better off saving up for the real thing.
Then again modular flexibility is no small sacrifice!! :)

If i am correct the PT00/OD100 belong to the Hot rodded Marshall tone family. Does an RM50 allow poweramp tubes to be swapped, re-biased for different tubes, eg 6l6, EL34, 5881 etc ?

Trying to figure out if Randall can deliver the boutique tones and help me save some money.

Thanks guys.
Faisal

The Suhr OD-100 sounds amazing. Check out the Sam Hill clips on YouTube. I've been thinking of asking one of the custom modders to approximate Reb's hot-rodded Suhr tone for me somewhere down the line. Believe it or not but the new Suhr Riot pedal actually does a pretty decent job of getting in that same ballpark.

Oh God!!! Am so sorry, here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaJHqaFvuFc

That's what i want to know too.
Dave Friedman designed Steve Stevens new rig and he has the OD-100's as well. I wonder if Dave Friedman could do a mod which would sound close to that.

I wonder if that amp is related to the CAE 3(+) ..
If so Anthony could maybe adapt the Custom 3 mod..

Sounds awesome :D and they have the same rack case as me! :D

m0jo said:
I wonder if that amp is related to the CAE 3(+) ..
If so Anthony could maybe adapt the Custom 3 mod..

That's good thinking, you might be on to something there.

I don't know the chronology of the various versions but I know that Suhr was in a business partnership with Bradshaw with CAE/CAA before striking out on his own.

rhequiem said:
Shinozoku said:
Those clips really make me think of the Custom 3 meeting an Angel :D

And *that* sounds like total awesomeness!
It does. Although I have a feeling that while they're (relatively) close in tone they will be completely different cicuits..

Need to do some research on that.

Ok, got the reply from David Friedman:

"Blackface clean, plexi with a mod on it and the sl+ with a mod. The mods are the brown eye and the HBE.
JJ el34 tubes."

David Friedman /Tone Merchants LLC / Rack Systems Ltd.

:D :D :twisted: :twisted: :D :D

What you will miss is the FEEL of those amps, OD100 amps feel awesome! they are fat yet chime at the same time, really, really good tones...tough to get in a module. good luck!