Tight high gain module that's 7 string friendly?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbastain

Reaction score
What would you guys recommend for a very tight, high gain module that is in the modded Marshall ballpark? Something that can handle the low A# of a 7 string. Thanks

The Rossness said:
check out something VHT/ Fryette Flavored

Hey, your on RT right? I just bought this thing and have been experimenting with it. I just did the Parallel loop jumper and it made a nice difference. I now like the XTC much more. Still, I'm 100% positive I'm not keeping it. The new Fortin Randalls are coming out soon and I used that money to buy it.

Seems like the Module pit is very deep. A Deliverance like module would be nice. Know of any? I can at least check out the clips.

It seems like the new QuickMod GT is marshall flavored and can accompany 7-strings/low tunings because it has a tighter bottom end. That might work for ya

mikegyver said:
It seems like the new QuickMod GT is marshall flavored and can accompany 7-strings/low tunings because it has a tighter bottom end. That might work for ya

That was going to be my suggestion. I have one in the works but don't tune down past D and rarely even go that low. Unless I am covering some Devin T.

I actually owned a Splawn Competition for a couple of years. Very cool amp but for what i do, it was missing something. What I really like is a Tight, percussive, high gain and grindy tone.

I actually owned a Splawn Competition for a couple of years. Very cool amp but for what i do, it was missing something. What I really like is a Tight, percussive, high gain and grindy tone.

It would really help if you could list a Band/Guitarist/Song as an example because those terms could be subjective to the player. To me, it sounds like you might be looking into an Engl type tone?

bubbastain said:
The Rossness said:
check out something VHT/ Fryette Flavored

Hey, your on RT right? I just bought this thing and have been experimenting with it. I just did the Parallel loop jumper and it made a nice difference. I now like the XTC much more. Still, I'm 100% positive I'm not keeping it. The new Fortin Randalls are coming out soon and I used that money to buy it.

Seems like the Module pit is very deep. A Deliverance like module would be nice. Know of any? I can at least check out the clips.

http://salvationmods.com/index.php?page=terrier

Angel from salvation. I've got one if interested. Not trying to interject a fs ad... Just saying it's the tightest mod I've played.

Well shoot, I have a Salvation Mamba that's tighter than a rookie stripper's g-string! Also for sale in the classifieds. Tax, title and other fees included, see seller for incentives. Void where prohibited. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, I literally could NOT talk myself out of it. Happy hunting, dude!

I would wonder if an XMG would do the trick. Also have Rob put a tight switch on it as I am not sure if the XMG+ has one.

I put in another vote for the Mamba, since it did the trick for my ESP AW-7, which is a very very dark voiced guitar. If you have 7 with with EMG or Blackouts though, the Angel series should sound good. Maybe I missed it, but what 7 are you using?