What can i do to Improve?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good question..you are very cool to ask...most people assume theyre good..even when they're not.
But I would need to hear alot more form you to make any solid suggestions.
Seemed pretty good to me, and I teach guitar.

It's a tempo thing and some Delay and Reverb loan themselves well to tapping technique. Try slowing that rhythm track down and add some effects to your tone (tastefully of course).

Thanks for the opinions guys. :). I'm trying to make my tracks the best i can but i have a lot of bad room acoustics and my micing technique isn't very good, due to the fact i can't see the speakers beyond my grill cloth :lol:

Slow down.....

There are applications like "the Amazing SlowerDowner" and "Song Surgeon" that can do this... Also I think Audacity can even slow down the track, but you can really only slow it down so far without getting a lot of degradation. Yet you'll need to work beyond that.

Suggestion.... when you practice with the backing track run the track out your computer speakers and play through a POD. This way you can hear yourself and the track better.

IMO shredding for the sake of the music is cool, but shredding for the sake of shredding is boring.

Because of the room etc., When I'm recording something I usually use my POD and split and record only the clean signal, then add an amp model to the clean track in my DAW. When I get it to where it sounds good, I'll re-amp the clean track through the Randall or 5150 depending upon the tone I want on it.