What is the significance of the module name... 1086?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khingpynn

Reaction score
Since I read the name over a year ago I've wondered what, if any significance does the name have.
Is it a date that is important to Dan Donegan?
Or could it be a reference to the Doomsday Book of 1086?

Khing

I think it's a u.s. police code signifying somebody 'disturb'ing the peace

2501.gif

Scott said:
*I thought it was exactly how many days after it was announced that it was actually released

Then maybe the Brahma should have been called the 5150.

Well, when I do a Google of "1086", it comes up with all sorts of "Doomsday" book references. Police codes can very depending on the jurisdiction, but on this list http://faculty.ncwc.edu/toconnor/polcodes.htm it says that 1086 is "Advise phone number your location" and disturbing the peace is 415 and disturbance is 10-103 Hmmm... I guess I'm still wondering what 1086 is really suppose to represent. The Doomsday thing?

Getting off topic... There was that weird E-5150 Black Sabbath album reference... I suppose the VH 5150 is only a strange coincidence. The Sabbath thing had an "E" in front of the 5150, E and then if you replace the 5 with the Roman numeral, "V", and the 1 with the Roman I, and the 50 with L... E 5150 = "E V I L" Geezer must have had some extra time on his hands.

btw, in about 15 or so more years, "Geezer" will probably wish he had a different name... Especially if he is in a crowd of senior citizens... Somebody calls out his name and everybody turns their head to look.

From the January 2006 issue of Guitar World where they profiled Dan Donegan's guitar rig in their "Vulgar Display of Power" column (guitargeek style):

"The 1086, as it's called, takes its name from the Chicago police code for disturbing the peace."

BTW, Geezer is almost 58......just a few more years and he will live up to his name for sure.

Chad, Dan must have been correct but also mistaken. Huh? :?

Apparently, The Chicago Police code 10:86 stands for "Officer on Duty".

http://users.catastrophe.net/eric/arch/2004/Radio/chiradiocodes.txt

But do not despair! The Chicago Transit Authority uses the code 10:86 to mean, "Disturbance in progress".

http://users.catastrophe.net/eric/arch/2001/Radio/CTA-10-Codes.html

A-ha! The 1086 is named after the disturbance code of the second largest (Google is great, isn't it?) Public Transportation system in the United States!

Black Sabbath's E5150 is an instrumental prelude to the song Mob Rules on the album titled mob Rules. The last ten seconds of that song that leeds into Mob Rules is the ****... what a great contrast effect it has.

Khing

khingpynn said:
Black Sabbath's E5150 is an instrumental prelude to the song Mob Rules on the album titled mob Rules. The last ten seconds of that song that leeds into Mob Rules is the s*&t... what a great contrast effect it has.

Khing
That album was the ****,I got to go dig through the archives,Got to love Ronnie James.............

Dio-era Sabbath is among the greatest metal of all time...i really loved the "Born Again" album alot too...a very evil,dark album with classic Ian Gillan vocals PLUS who could forget that adorable,little "red" baby! :) aaaww,so cute.it's as though IT was looking for a new "victim" to hold it & cuddle it & love it,then,as darkness fell......

btw,for those who are interested...HEAVEN & HELL are coming back on a second U.S. tour,hitting some more uncommon touring cities,as well as the usual...for more info-visit their website at: heavenandhelllive.com