• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB- RM4 or M4

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prickstein

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a used RM4 or M4 if anyone is selling one. I don't need modules, just the rack.
Hmm, maybe I could use a Blackface or Grail to round out my current modules. :roll: I have a Mr Scary I would be willing to trade as well. :idea:

Since I bought an M4, I'm really thinking about selling my RM4 to pick up a second M4...
Let me make a couple calls on Monday to see what I can get an empty M4 for and if it's reasonable, I'll sell my RM4...
Only problem is that you're in Australia, which makes shipping kind of expensive...

Jim

It's still waaaay cheaper than buying one here. I bought 3 modules off of Dave Friedman of rack systems recently and the shipping was a lot quicker and faster than I expected. I understand the RM4 is a bit bigger but when you look at new prices here, it's still heaps cheaper.

Sorry to hijack your thread rick but just wondering how you are finding those rack systems modules?

The Dave Friedman mods rock! I bought a modified plexi, SL+ and unmodded Tweed.
The SL+ is my fave. Super rich harmonics and not too fuzzy. I tried a SL+ before going down the MTS road but hated it.
The Plexi is different to an unmodded one, don't have one to A/B with so I can't tell you how it sounds different, but from memory it is. Gets the cranking AC/DC tone I love.
BTW Rick, I'm still loving the RM20 i bought off you. Great for sessions and small gigs. Just need a rack version now for bigger gigs, hence the thread.

Yeah the rm20 is an awesome piece of gear, i miss it for direct recording, i haven't found anything that i like better for that purpose yet, that mic eliminator circuit is great.
Good luck in finding a pre, the M4 is great.