Brand and type of valves for your cleans, please?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scott said:
I just use Lower Gain tubes. 12at7 12ay7 etc. No real brand preference
Cheers mate! I was considering an ECC83S for V1 and an 12AU7A for V2, or the other way around, for my Blkfc module. That would have been rather true to the specs of an Blckfc Twin that only have one amplifying valve. Your input has made me reconsider that idea.

I was chatting with Doug at dougstubes.com about the Blackface module and found that he actually used to own an RM100 with a Blackface module. He liked to run one EH 12AX7 & one JJ ECC803S. I'm currently running two Sovtek 12AX7WA's and it sounds pretty decent, but I'd like to give Doug's recommendation a try the next time I order some tubes.

Chad said:
I was chatting with Doug at dougstubes.com about the Blackface module and found that he actually used to own an RM100 with a Blackface module. He liked to run one EH 12AX7 & one JJ ECC803S. I'm currently running two Sovtek 12AX7WA's and it sounds pretty decent, but I'd like to give Doug's recommendation a try the next time I order some tubes.
I second with what Doug says. I recently changed V1 to a Tung-Sol 12ax7 and put one Tung-Sol and one JJ in each module and it completly changed the amp. The most drastic changes were the 1086, Grail and Ultra. Its incredible how it opened up the high gain modules and made them less compressed, but still percussive. In the power amp section I'm running a pair of EL34L's biased at 44ma and a pair of KT 88's biased at 50ma.

Mine came stock with a pair of JJ ecc803s and it sounds fantastic. Really recommended!

Latest posts