1st post noob, RM50

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crunchtime

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Just bought an RM50 palamino head from hdrockstar. Should arrive via Fed Ex on Friday. Ordered a KH3 and 1086 from MF to try first.

I'm can't wait to try this amp. I've wanted one since they came out. If it is all I hope it is, I will probably sell my Rivera K-TRE. I love the Rivera but, I hate that I can't bias it myself and the nearest tech I trust is an hour away.

Will report back on my opinions of the KH# and 1086.

Yes, I'm hoping the 1086 is able to cop the Rivera tones as they are so awesome.

Regarding the 1086, based on what I've read here it seems to be a loveit or hate it module. I'm sure between my OD pedal and MXR 10 band I can make it sound good. It would be great if I did not need them to get great brutal metal tones.

you will with 10 band and the od , the darker side of it sucks imo, but the less dark side is pretty killer boosted. it is very deep and very modern metal sounding and to my ears is quite original but still stays very true to that randall high gain sound. :twisted: i'd like to hear what you think of the kh-3 . if you ever get ahold of a modern module i'd be interested in how it stacks up against the rivera, i think they are kinda close with a c3 mod.