2009 Modules

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am bumping this thread because it kicks major ***. I am all for Randall comming out with some new hottness. These things are like Pokemon, you gotta catch em' all.

Have you guys thought of doing any limited edition type stuff? That could be cool too.

Since I own a Fireball (love it to death) that would be awesome to A/B it.........although any ENGL based module would rule........I bet Randall could do a less fuzzier/fizzier job of the Framus stuff........of course I love Soldano........Avengers and SLO's are incredible amps.......bring it on pleeze... 8) :twisted:

Second that, Orange based module. Deizel, Matchless..... Some higher end ones that use top quality components from the Getco,

I want a 15W Crate practice amp module..... :shock: J/k

Seriously though, I can't wait to see what they come up with next.

Oh yeah....if they could get a "close" sounding Engl.....that would be killer! I own both the Lycnh box and a Engl Invader and that Engl just sounds freaking awesome. But cant let go of my MTS amps!!! 8)

seems the consensus is engl , i'll take a savage or invader. how bout a vht deliverence, or a deizel herbert, wait those have all been mentioned like 10 times. i think most people would like the high gain stuff best plus i ve never bought a randall for a clean channel. and they are always first on my list for high gain. the clean modules are great and cover just about everything. so lets go for the gain :twisted:

Mesa Boogie Mark series
Marshall Super Bass
Marshall JCM 800
Marshall JCM 900
Peavey 5150/6505
Diezel VH4
Fender Dual Showman
Hiwatt Custom 100
Matchless
Supro
Soldano SLO-100

Also, if they can find a Dumble amplifier, they should analyse it.

I think one based on the Engl Powerball with switches for the "Depth Punch" and "Open/Focused" options would friggin' rule!

JerEvil said:
I think one based on the Engl Powerball with switches for the "Depth Punch" and "Open/Focused" options would friggin' rule!

Depth Punch is part of the power section in the Powerball as I recall...the Randall section does have a Density control, which is tighter than just boosting the bass in the pre-amp...unfortunately not switchable....I'd emulate that with an EQ in the loop maybe..would sound better than adding bass on the pre-amp and be switchable.

Open/Focussed is a pre-amp voicing..am sure okstrat could hook you up with a modification based on the Ultra or UltraXL platform.

JKD said:
JerEvil said:

Depth Punch is part of the power section in the Powerball as I recall...the Randall section does have a Density control, which is tighter than just boosting the bass in the pre-amp...unfortunately not switchable....I'd emulate that with an EQ in the loop maybe..would sound better than adding bass on the pre-amp and be switchable.

Open/Focussed is a pre-amp voicing..am sure okstrat could hook you up with a modification based on the Ultra or UltraXL platform.

Cool. I guess I could use the Resonance control on my power amp for the Depth Punch. I am slowly building an RM4 set up. Ordering the chassis in the next week or so. I will be adding the modules one at a time so I am not sure which one to go with first. Probably the Ultra XL.

Since it's Randall we're talking about, is a Warhead module too much to ask? :wink:

Sure, tubes and transistors operate at very different power levels but still, I'd love to have it.

I wonder if they could do a solid state module, Of cousre it would still share the Pre tube in V1 on the chassis but I dont think it would be to hard to mimic the WARHEAD sound. Its Randall.

Ive been wondering this as well - Id love to have a module that could replicate that old RG100ES tone.

TheHunter said:
I wonder if they could do a solid state module, Of cousre it would still share the Pre tube in V1 on the chassis but I dont think it would be to hard to mimic the WARHEAD sound. Its Randall.

I AB my RM100 with my Cyclone ( Warhead without effects ) and its brutal as hell 8).

How about some modules with little module slots to add effects or a tuner? Little modules that plug into bigger modules lol, that would be something.

That would be cool if there was an EFX module but youd have to some how modify the amp so that the module would be on while running your main sound, so it would replace one of the 3 modules but give you dedicated tube buffered EFX for the other 2 modules. And since its midi controlled you could program it like any other EFX unit and run multiple efx. If you had an RM4 you could run 2 of them and get stereo EFX with an RT 2/50

NOW THAT WOULD BE SICK.

Hmmm... I just had a look at some Warhead X2 schematics I found and this could prove to be pretty difficult. 12AX7 tubes usually run at around 350 volts, the highest supply voltage I found in the X2 was +24V and that's not even for the actual amplifiers. The amps run at 7 volts as far as I can tell.
Still, it's Randall so if anyone could do it, I'd say it'd be them. :twisted:

TheHunter said:
That would be cool if there was an EFX module but youd have to some how modify the amp so that the module would be on while running your main sound, so it would replace one of the 3 modules but give you dedicated tube buffered EFX for the other 2 modules. And since its midi controlled you could program it like any other EFX unit and run multiple efx. If you had an RM4 you could run 2 of them and get stereo EFX with an RT 2/50

NOW THAT WOULD BE SICK.

Ever hear of an FX loop...you know the MTS amps have two of them :lol:

JKD said:
TheHunter said:

NOW THAT WOULD BE SICK.

Ever hear of an FX loop...you know the MTS amps have two of them :lol:

Ya but rack mount gear is bulky and heavy, This idea would eliminate the need for more cables, also i have had so many issues with rack efx units coloring my tone, the best efx i have found are ones dedicated on an amp or else spending 2000 on an efx unit, It was only an idea any way since everyone else said what they wanted

Geeez cant a guy dream!!!!

Latest posts