2009 Modules

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want my Gretchen module, please. Gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme. Mine mine mine mine mine mine mine...

A Diezel amp (whichever sounds best in the MTS module)
Mesa Mark IIc+ (modeled after James Hetfield's)
Bogner Ueberschall
Huges and kettner (warp T [now warp x] or at least tritone)
Maybe an engl or framus (not familiar with them)

I'm going to go totally against the grain and say I don't want any new modules but rather hope for a new 100W amp...Randall should work on the power section and give it a makeover with more features to tailor the sound...they should be midi switchable too (on the rack version and the head):

Power switching 25/50/100W or equivalent.
Vintage/Modern
Optional Tube Rectifier

etc.

JKD said:
I'm going to go totally against the grain and say I don't want any new modules but rather hope for a new 100W amp...Randall should work on the power section and give it a makeover with more features to tailor the sound...they should be midi switchable too (on the rack version and the head):

Power switching 25/50/100W or equivalent.
Vintage/Modern
Optional Tube Rectifier

etc.
That would be a VERY welcome addition too. I know Mesa has those options on their amps, and give you all this flexibility with the power section, why can't Randall do it too? Although I'm sure it would raise the cost of the heads quite a bit, and probably would muddy up the signal path with all the new electronics (I don't want the RM100 to suffer the same fate as the original Rectos).

I've heard the transformers kinda blow in these heads, and it would be nice if Randall started putting BETTER ones in the stock heads, as that would be just as welcome an improvement as the power options.

I still want an ENGL module, though :D And a Mark IV and a Framus Cobra.

Negative...the RM50 sounds great with it's stock transformer...the RM100, well I'm not so sold on it's tone at all.

JKD said:
Negative...the RM50 sounds great with it's stock transformer...the RM100, well I'm not so sold on it's tone at all.
My bad, I didn't mean to lump ALL the heads in there. It was just the RM100 I read it about, and the RM4 preamp actually. I'm kinda starting to regret my choice of getting the RM100, but once I change out the transformers (WAY down the road), it should really be ultimately what I've wanted (switching from 50 to 100 watts by pulling tubes, and 3 channels for insane flexibility where I need it, plus the effects loops). It'll cost though, and I'll have to get my friend who works with electronics to learn about amps so he can do the work for me xD

EDIT: Forgot to include the ability to combine output tube types :p

JKD I'm 100% with all you just said.

Seriously, there are more than enough module choices.

Whats really needed is a chasis overhaul like you said, though it'd increase the size/weight of an already large and heavy head. :shock:

one thing I would like to see on all the heads .

is metal input jacks . like on the lynchbox 100

1.they are stronger .less likely to crack
2. they look classier.
3. they hold the guitar cable tighter and connection is better.

this cannot be that expensive to implement .also the heavier duty leather handles Rd/steve was talking about .
just simple cosmetic but practical things to the user

SLO module because the SLO is just the sh**.

ENGL Powerball for Rammstein.

I don't care about the 5150 because I've already got one. :D

T -10 days and counting for my Black Lynch Box.

Julia said:
SLO module because the SLO is just the sh**.

ENGL Powerball for Rammstein.

I don't care about the 5150 because I've already got one. :D

T -10 days and counting for my Black Lynch Box.
Well, in all reality the Grail is very similar to the SLO (from what I've heard). But a specifically Soldano-esque module couldn't hurt.

We need an ENGL module for that German sound (not just Rammstein, but recent Symphony X, and Dimmu Borgir).

Ultra and Ultra XL already cover the 5150 tones.

Congrats on the purchase! Custom order?

Regardless of whether the tone is redundant I think it should be in the series. The vast majority of the high gain modules in the Randall camp are very similar IMO. It's more or less the same tone attenuated in different ways. Not to say that this is a slight to the product. I feel the same about my Egnater stuff to an extent. I will own at least one module from the Randall camp for sure. Let's just say I'm holding out. :twisted:

The appeal of the product for me is getting this many tones in one place. You get a very close approximation of a $1400+ head in a $200 package. From a building cost perspective it doesn't take anything to make a new module as the layouts are similar and again it is simply different values within the same circuit design. I'm sure they don't want to flood the market so releases will be more gradual from here on out. I think the SLO and Fireball are strong choices for an '09 release if the rumor is true...

seriously....im sittin here like... ENGL ENGL ENGL!!! fingers crossed.

I should drive to fucking anaheim, but i have class in a bit.

Shinozoku said:
Congrats on the purchase! Custom order?

I'm looking at it as a "thank you" order from Randall for connecting them with a reputable brick and mortar dealer here, and from the dealer for not being a total ***** about getting two amps from them in the past 6 months that didn't cut it -- one didn't do the job tonally and the other was a lemon (both Marshalls).

shred-o-holic said:
Who else is excited for NAMM besides me? I can't wait to hear if any of these proposed modules are coming... 8)
Im very excited, but mainly for the Mesa stuff. Mark V!!!!! Still would love to see a Dimebag module.

Latest posts