4X12 question...calling for all knowledge!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Downrightproductions

Reaction score
Now that i have my RM100SI Scott Ian head, i am looking for a 4X12 cabinet to complement it. I already have a 2X12 for easy loading and shows. But this amp looks like it needs to be on a 4X12, so i must get one!....Here is what i am asking...looking at 3...but i see labels as they might be different maybe not...the randall xl, xlt, xxl(would like to know the differences) and if i can find it a 4X12 randall with the Neo-celestions but i dont know if that comes with the metal grill....the metal grill is important cuz i will have it painted to look like the scott ian cab that is very hard to come by and if so costs an arm and leg. Please let me know your inputs of knowledge. Thanks!

I love my KHX Hammett 412. Two V30's and two T75's in an X pattern. It isnt a huge sound difference than straight V30s ive owned in the past, but it does sound a little fuller. I don't know the difference between the ones you stated above but Randall's XLR outs are always a plus if you record. I don't use it all the time, but it helps to have the tonal options. I'm sure you can Google the specs of the cabs you're interested in. Best of luck!

You must have read my mind! I have an Ian as well, and I have a 2x12 as well. I was just thinking "man I gotta get a 4x12". It looks like the XL cab with V30's and the metal grill is what you need.....RS412XLTS100.

I'm thinking of having one built, getting ready to send an email to Emperor and ask about the steel grille.

Oh, i totally agree! I have been rocking a 2x12 for many years now and have always made fun of other players lugging around a 4x12.....this head ontop of a 2x12 just looks like a monster fucking a midget....the 4x12 would be knocking something off my GAS list.

Downrightproductions said:
An emperor cab staind black with a metal grill would be tits!..roughly how much is a emperor cab new?

I'm still waiting for a response, I was thinking 6x12....I mean why not? I'm never moving it....