A few RM100 questions

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newAgePunk

Reaction score
Hi I am only a few weeks into my MTS life and loving it so far. This is also the most serious amp/head I have ever owned and the first full tube, so I have some questions regarding mainly the signal flow.

I want to start by saying I don't have any of these scenarios in play, but I am just trying to get an understanding of my gear.

1. Am I right in thinking the Series Effects loop comes out just after the pre-amp and back in before the power amp?

2. If so can I use the send to go into another power amp using all of the juice supplied by my MTS modules?

3. Also if this is the case could I theoretically run my Pod X3 live's output into the Series Effects loop return and use the RM100 power stage to run my Pod sounds? I know why would you want to by pass all that MTS goodness .. .just asking.

4. I have a Marshall 1960A Cab and I am wondering whether I am better running the RM100 at 4ohms or 16ohms? Obviously using the appropriate jack on the cabinet.

5. Where am I best to run a noise gate or EQ? between guitar and input socket or in the series loop?

I think that is about it.

Thanks

1. yes

2. yes

3. yes

4. don't know. It doesn't matter much although some people believe you can here a tone difference.

5. what's causing your noise issues? Guitar or amp?

1,2,3 - cool thanks

4 - I have tried them both and could not hear a tone difference, so I suppose it is a question whether one is better for amp/speakers lasting longer?

5 - To be fair I haven't got out of the bedroom with this thing yet but I am pretty sure it is the active EMG's and level of pre amp gain which is doing it. I suppose I am coming from the Pod X3 where I just threw the gate at all my high gain settings to be safe and I love not having to worry about those nasty surprises in between sharp stop notes and songs.

ISP Decimator in front is probably your best bet.
Sounds like your problem may be best solved on the input side, plus the ISP is really transparent.
I also run an additional gate in the series effects loop (I use TC G-Major) for the highest gain rhythm tones when you want super tight start/stop djent riffs.
I got that idea from Bulb/ Periphery.
Works great depending on style of music and gain level and tone.

Eq works best in the series loop as well unless you are trying to fix or modify the sound of your guitar or pickups.

Latest posts