Amp build class_April

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bruce - The Class was a great learning experience !
Thank you for doing these.

To anyone who wants a better understanding of what is going on under the hood of your amp - I would highly recommend you take advantage of this opportunity!
To me, the class was a great hands on way to become familiar with all the junk inside, and now I have a little bit of understanding on how all that junk in the trunk interacts.

And I've got a kick *** little amp that I can use to experiment on :)

Thanks Bruce !

I've been thinking about how to go about doing the more advanced class that you guys suggested. I wish we could have adequate time in one day for the "schooling" to really focus more on modifications, etc. and demonstrate what they do. Please give me your suggestions here or email. The main thing is to keep it at 2 days maximum. Would a class of just 2 days of theory and mods without the amp building be a cool thing?

Good to hear Johnny. Would you recommend the class for electronic idiots like myself or would a pedal class be more advisable first. My soldering skills are detestable :lol:

Linty - I would highly suggest electronic idiots attend if you have the means to do so.

Bruce really spells things out in a logical and simplified way - and he does it in laymen's terms.
that alone really helps to get the concept understood.

No worries on the soldering skills.. once you are shown how to do it, it just falls into place :)

bruce egnater said:
I've been thinking about how to go about doing the more advanced class that you guys suggested. I wish we could have adequate time in one day for the "schooling" to really focus more on modifications, etc. and demonstrate what they do. Please give me your suggestions here or email. The main thing is to keep it at 2 days maximum. Would a class of just 2 days of theory and mods without the amp building be a cool thing?

I was thinking about this to.
My thought was maybe the class content is the same but some of the boards are already modified to do certain things, ie more gain, tighter, or looser, more mids, etc..

Then when people are trying them out, they will hopefully notice a difference and ask why is this one like this and the other isn't?

Then you could bring up the amps, show the mod you did on the board and people could hear the difference. if they liked it - they could mod their amp in that same way, kind of like a show and tell - if you do this than X happens

Just my two pennies :)

Bruce: If you are at all interested, I'd actually be more than happy to co-teach a class on advanced modification with you. I'll bet we could do something really cool together. Let's chat about it next time we talk.
Rob

Latest posts