AMP IS ON THE FRITZ PLEASE HELP.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheHunter

Reaction score
So my amp is possesed im sure of it.

Every now and then i will get what sounds like a volume spike but not really volume so much as a presence increase, It will do this at random and then reset back to its original sound.

And it will also switch back to channel one all on its own if i have a module in channel one. When it does this it makes a sound similar to a tremelo effect, cutting in and out until i hit the channel select on the footswitch to an alternate channel but its only for about 10 minutes then its doing it again. I took the first channel out and it was fine, still had a slight increase of volumes sometimes but not as bad.

It began doing this when i put an ULTRA LEAD in the amp. Not saying its the module yet need to try the others out, but has anyone experienced this? Could i have a midi issue? Or some kind of tube failure? (NEW TUBES IN IT)

but I had an Ultra Module that wouldn't sit right. It was good when I bought it, then after being seated into the Rm4 about 5 times it didnt make good contact anymore.
Everynow and then...the out put would suddenly get really low..or the tone would change in some weird way. The midi worked,though.
Do you have this problem with any module? If you swap the module compeletly out, does it continue anyway?
just guessing but my first hypothesis is that your Ultra Lead isnt sitting right. I pulled mine out about 3-5mm and that helped but didnt fix it permanently. It workks well if I do that, and check it prior to gigs. Luckily, I dont really use the Ultra now...I like other sounds more.
just my experiences.

So i left the amp on all night the night before last, i had left the Ultra Lead out of channel one and switched the amp to channel 3 to see if it would still do it, and with success it worked. The amp switched itself to channel 1 or rather the channel without a module. So i unplugged the amp, did a bias check to make sure the tubes were performing correctly set it all back up and nothing no issues and i played for about 2 hours last night and it was doing fine i even put the Ultra Lead back in and it was working fine.

Now my issue is when i turn the amp from PLAY to Standby it pops and it makes my teeth grind. Im afraid it may have an impact on the speakers one day, is this true? Does anyone else experience this popping when putting the amp into standby. Ive noticed that if i do it slowly its not as bad but still pops a bit.

Thanks George for your comments.

really standard question, but are you making sure the master and channel volumes are turned down when you turn it on? I know for a fact that the standby on the T2 purely switches off the poweramp (or turns it down), not the preamps which means you can still get signal through the speakers when you turn up the volume (the T2 is always set at full whack and the preamps control the volume), so if Randall have done a similar thing with the MTS then that would probably be able to cause the popping if the levels are left up when turned on or off...

El_Thwatez said:
really standard question, but are you making sure the master and channel volumes are turned down when you turn it on? I know for a fact that the standby on the T2 purely switches off the poweramp (or turns it down), not the preamps which means you can still get signal through the speakers when you turn up the volume (the T2 is always set at full whack and the preamps control the volume), so if Randall have done a similar thing with the MTS then that would probably be able to cause the popping if the levels are left up when turned on or off...

In order to Bias the tubes you have to turn all the knobs down, ANd just last night i did a re-bias and even with all the knobs down (master, preamp, bass, mid, treble) all of them, it still popped when i turned it off. So i am just baffled.

I mean essetially El_Thwates your right that would work but in my case its not working LOL.

Latest posts