Another question for RM4/gsp1101 owners

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricky

Reaction score
So I run my RM4 into the loop of the GSP 1101 but I experience some clipping issues if I run the RM4's master volume past 2 or 3. Not 2 0r 3:00 o'clock, but 2 or 3 meaning really f-ing low. There are so many volume and gain stages involved here that I am looking for ideas that would best utilize all of those nice warm tubes in my MTS stuff and not clip the digital.
Each patch has a preset level and I have to run them low, like lower than 50 when using the RM4. Is this about right? Any experience would be helpful to me. Thanks in advance....
rick

ricky said:
So I run my RM4 into the loop of the GSP 1101 but I experience some clipping issues if I run the RM4's master volume past 2 or 3. Not 2 0r 3:00 o'clock, but 2 or 3 meaning really f-ing low. There are so many volume and gain stages involved here that I am looking for ideas that would best utilize all of those nice warm tubes in my MTS stuff and not clip the digital.
Each patch has a preset level and I have to run them low, like lower than 50 when using the RM4. Is this about right? Any experience would be helpful to me. Thanks in advance....
rick

How are you wiring it all up - I used to run the GSP1101 in 4CM with my M4 in the GSP's loop and don't remember any clipping issues from the modules, I do remember that I had to keep the M4 volume real low at about 9, 10 o'clock on the dial.

That is how I am running mine....GSP 4CM w/RM4 in the loop. 10:0 gets it clipping. I have been reading in another thread about really running the Master on the M4 high and increasing the tone but mine starts clipping. What experience did you have in running the preset level really low?
My live rig is the GSP and RM4 all run into a Carvin tube power amp. I do run it stereo which kicks *** on stage when I use a chorus or a stereo delay.

Latest posts