Anyone else out there chasing low gain tones with a MTS amp?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put some vintage GE 6L6's in the amp today. I've had 5881's in the amps because that was what was recommended. I like the 6L6's better. they sound fuller and I like their over-driven tones better. I sure it will vary depending on which module you have.

There are lots of variable with these amps. I hope I can get it dialed into some tone that I love instead of continually chasing tones.

On of my favorite guitar tones is from Third Eye Blind's first album. Kevin Cadogan, their first and best guitarist, used a Vox AC30, a Modded JCM800 and a Mesa Heartbreaker in stereo. I had Trace at Voodoo make me a custom mod based on this sound. I usually keep my gain below 11 o'clock. I get the feel of a fender, the breakup of a Vox and the grit of a JCM800. If I turn up the gain, it becomes more marshall-esque and adds compression to the circuit. It's a really cool mod! I generally use it for low gain, along with my Salvation Matchvox and Camered. It sounds great with those two.

Latest posts