Anyone here going to NAMM?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully Jace can spend some time drilling Bruce a little more whenever he makes his way there, and can provide more of a first hand report?

He did basically say all that was mentioned earlier BUT, he said Friedman, Marshall, Soldano would be designing their modules and Egnater would be building them. Also said they will have separate controls for each channel.

I can confirm everything that has been said so far. Bruce seemed very detached about it. Friedman seemed to be in charge of things. They had a few modules, a desktop unit and a 2 module rack unit, but all of these were VERY much in the prototype stage. Bruce told me to check them out in the Friedman demo room. I asked to demo them and have some questions answered. The guy said he'd ask Dave to come in the room and talk to three of us about the modular products. After waiting for 30 minutes I asked if Dave was coming in any time "today" to talk to us and the guy kind of blew me off. When I exited the demo room Dave was sitting in a chair doing NOTHING! I continue to be unimpressed with Dave Friedman as a person. He seems to really not give a **** about anyone.
That's all I got.

Well at leaset there was actually some hardware, even though it was prototypes. Any pictures of the desktop unit?

Count me in the sad/depressed camp.

Part of me wishes that Bruce would just sell off the modular rights to another company that has a desire to manufacture the existing stuff and take it to the next level. Egnater hasn't appeared to have any interest in the modular stuff for years now. Surprised Bugera hasn't copied the modular concept yet.

To be honest, I was looking at getting a decent multi-channel amp (even a Tourmaster, if they get their QC in order) and get an E1 or E2 to fill in the sounds the amp doesn't cover. May just have to use pedals for those extra sounds.

I'd say. Let's be patient.
MTS has been discontinued by Bruce and Randall, meaning these were not the most successful products. I can understand Bruce when he is taking things slow and checking out the market first.

I believe it is a great thing to see eight different prototypes as well as two preamps. It doesn't make sense to display prototypes if you haven't put work into it. Will it ever happen? I guess, we need to confirm our interest.

I know trade show situations. Lots of people talking to you and there is no chance to handle it all. And in this case, Dave Friedman is pretty famous these days, he might just use his time to promote his amps.

It doesn't change things. MTS is a niche. I have tons of friends that do not believe in MTS, just because it is not the original. Again, I'd say... we need to make sure we let Bruce and the others know, we want their stuff.

suphuckers said:
I'm going to guess these are the modules sitting up on top of these amps.

The camera settles down after a minute and you can see them pretty good. Can't make out what they are tho.

http://youtu.be/_DLWRRMNuIc

Reminds me of some distortion and etc pedals I have that I just threw in the corner to get them out of the way. :(

Doug Rappoport is one of my most favorite players. He plays exactly how I wished I could play!

I see that module on the PhilX head with two rows of EQs.

MarcoR said:
Doug Rappoport is one of my most favorite players. He plays exactly how I wished I could play!

Yeah, it's a shame they didn't have someone setup that guitar that knows what they are doing tho LoL

MarcoR said:

Hmm yeah I didn't notice that. 2 chan module w/ 2 EQ's, interesting.

suphuckers said:
MarcoR said:

Yeah, it's a shame they didn't have someone setup that guitar that knows what they are doing tho LoL

MarcoR said:

Hmm yeah I didn't notice that. 2 chan module w/ 2 EQ's, interesting.

Salvation has built a bunch of those...it looks kinda like one of Antonin's.

JKD said:
Salvation has built a bunch of those...it looks kinda like one of Antonin's.
Right, but he had to hack an existing dual module to do it. It would be huge if Bruce redesigned the pcb to support this.

I'll say this: there are a lot of correct assumptions here. I was privy to some of the plan for a while now and the dual EQ is correct. That was the plan from the start and it's a far neater solution if you properly design something for it rather than shoehorn it in. This is the reason I never entertained requests for dual EQ modules, I don't trust it's reliability if retrofitted into the old style duals.

As for the perception of things being a bit nonchalant, keep in mind that the Egnater brand is tied to a parent company since the GC line launched years ago. Product decisions and prioritization are not one persons choice to make alone and it has to fit into a business plan. Things take time and just because something isn't happening as quickly as you like doesn't mean they aren't behind them.

Jaded Faith said:
I'll say this: there are a lot of correct assumptions here. I was privy to some of the plan for a while now and the dual EQ is correct. That was the plan from the start and it's a far neater solution if you properly design something for it rather than shoehorn it in. This is the reason I never entertained requests for dual EQ modules, I don't trust it's reliability if retrofitted into the old style duals.

Based on my experience with dual EQ Salvartions, I'd say this is spot-on. While I haven't had any failures yet..it's definitely a hack, no matter how clever.

Looking forward to these new dual-EQ'ers from Egnater \m/

Dug this up on TGP:

The ones I saw were a Friedman BE, Soldano SLO, Deluxe something or other and another new brand...honestly they all sounded good. Each module has two "channels" or sounds. I do not know if the BE has a HBE setting. Other brands are supposedly jumping on board now so I anticipate a Fender module or a few, and I think I heard Orange amps would be doing one as well. Each brand does their own module so its "authentic". The SLO sounded good. So did the BE. I think there was one called a Deluxe something or other and it sounded good too. Pricing was suggested to be from $3-400/module and $6-700 for the rack unit.

Friedman is killing it right now, I listened to all of his amps at volume for quite a while and they are all shades of amazing.

Today I heard the Friedman modules. The BE module and plexi . They both sounded very good.

This is all I was hoping for... Would've loved to hear some clips, but I'll take this over nothing!!! I'm back to being excited for MTS' future.