Anyone mod their MTS AMP not module yet?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okstrat

Reaction score
I'm thinking about taking my RM20 combo apart and modding it with better parts... leaving the values stock for the most part, but just putting better stuff in the signal path. Anyone else try this?

Pete

I won't even try it, but if anyone can do it, you can Pete. Let us know how much of a difference it makes.
B

okstrat said:
I'm thinking about taking my RM20 combo apart and modding it with better parts... leaving the values stock for the most part, but just putting better stuff in the signal path. Anyone else try this?

Pete

Hey Pete let me know when you'd like to come down to our rehearsal room at the Downtown Music Box studio,maybe you could do a mod and I could buy dinner. :D

No, haven't tried it, but I sure have thought about doing it. Putting CC's Sozos and/or O'drops in the signal path would make this amp even better I think. The only problem is that CC resistors causes a little bit more noise.

Before I was going to do this, I wanted to read the schematics for my RM100, but I don't have one, and it doesnt seem like I can find it either.

///Gustaf

okstrat said:

Pete

I've been researching the parts in my spare time for about 2 months now. I believe at the very least the better parts will produce a more consistent running amp but may not change the tone. I have some mods in mind at the same time. My biggest problem has been with transformer specs.