bass cap switcher

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muzapstar

Reaction score
How exactly do you assemble a c3 switching unit? what parts do you need? Anyone know?

A Double Pole Double Throw (DPDT) mini-toggle switch, usually with centre-off...3 capacitors of your choosing and a little bit of insulated wire to run from c3 location to switch location.

If ya couldn't work it out, are you really sure you want to go messing with yer modules to this extent (Altho it's pretty simple)? Everyone has to start somewhere tho' I guess :D

i just did my first c3 and it was my first solder and I feel confident :) It was easier than I thought. Everyone says don't do it etc but I did and it paid off.

Then here's the Capacitance formula you'll need too, assuming you'll be wiring a cap in c3 and the switch in parallel across it of course.

Ctot= C1+C2 etc.

This effectively means if you put a basic 500pf in c3 position then 500pf and 1000pf on position 1 and 2 of the switch (center off remember)

you have

position 1 = 500+500 = 1000pf
center (off) = 500 = 500pf
position 2 = 500+1000 = 1500pf

Someone may be able to give you a wiring diagram.,..they always look like crap pasted in text and that's all I can do from here.

Thanx. one more question... do you know anything I can do other than tubes and c3 to change/improve mod sound? Thanx

-stAr

almost every cap/resistor on the board in the 'inside area' can be changed to affect the tone....even just changing capacitor types with the same value will change the tone.