Best pre and post effects/foot controlled rig (GSP vs GT-10)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ari

Reaction score
Hey all, new to the forum. I own an rm4 together with an rm50 I just purchased from Jaded Faith (Rob-what a great guy to deal with!) I have a blackface, xtc, and sl plus modded from Dave Friedman). For my live rig, I would love to have a multieffects to use before and after the preamp section and to control the rig. The units that do this are as follows" GSP 1101 by Digitech, which I'm hearing mixed reviews about, the Boss GT-10 which will even switch channels on the rm50, and maybe a pod x3live pedal....Any advice about using these with the 4 cable method (Comp, od, wah before the randall, timed effects/volume after)? I have a rocktron prophesy that has a loop in it, but the two together dont really mate so well.
Also, the foot control format is a bonus, but I have a behringer FCB pedal already-any experience or advice would be helpful!
Thanks, Ari

i had a GT-8 that i ran 4 cable back in the day with my marshall... the results were MEHH!!! it had phasing issues all the time and such ... plus there was CABLE everywhere!!! don't know much about ver 10 ...

4 cable is a cool concept but i found it coloured the sound as well ... i was never happy with it until i sold it !!

GT-8 = cold and digital sounding

that's my take on 4 cable stuff , not sure if it will help

riff man said:
i had a GT-8 that i ran 4 cable back in the day with my marshall... the results were MEHH!!! it had phasing issues all the time and such ... plus there was CABLE everywhere!!! don't know much about ver 10 ...

4 cable is a cool concept but i found it coloured the sound as well ... i was never happy with it until i sold it !!

GT-8 = cold and digital sounding

that's my take on 4 cable stuff , not sure if it will help
Agreed, those multi units never sound as good as a single pedal in my experience, though I haven't used the new units

I use a POD X3 Live in 4 cable mode. I'm running it through a RM 50B combo 1x12. I don't think their effects sound good in mono, in fact they suck. However, in headphones it sounds pretty good. Maybe I just need another cab and run it in stereo. Dunno.

Latest posts