Brahma Sound Clip + Hardwire Digitech OD Pedal

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dallas Marlow

Reaction score
Hey all,

I just got this brand new OD pedal from Digitech its the new Hardwire series Tube Overdrive CM-2 and I thought you all would like to hear it with the Brahma, my last clip got some great feed back but with the les paul and this new pedal... omg, it EATS and I mean EATS the bad monkey. It's 2-3x the cost at $100 but holy hell it sounds fantastic! It's VERY transparent, true bypass and handles BIG strings with really high out put pick ups EXTREMELY well. My LP classic which I recorded the clip with has the highest out put pick ups gibson makes, and I use 10-52's, it doesn't spazz out like my monkey seemed to do and hit a wall if that makes any sense.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7128695

The clip starts out with just the Brahma, then at about 1:30 I start kicking in the OD, I flick it on and off a few times you can hear if you listen, not so much to the noises thats mostly me switching pick ups. The OD is set perfectly flat, with the gain all the way off. This thing has sooo many options and is extremely tweakable but **** I just kinda like it with out any of it!

Let me know your thoughts!

Dallas

Hey Dallas that sounds sweet!!mMy buddies and I swung in the digitech room at the LA amp show and we thought thoughs pedals sounded great!!I picked up the DL-8 and love it!!!

Sweet, that's the delay one right? I was really impressed with all the ones I tried at the store, the only one I didn't use was the tuner... but I already have a boss TU-2 so I can't imagine the digitech can be that much different haha.

Dallas Marlow said:
Sweet, that's the delay one right? I was really impressed with all the ones I tried at the store, the only one I didn't use was the tuner... but I already have a boss TU-2 so I can't imagine the digitech can be that much different haha.
Yes,it's the delay looper and seems to work well in the loop of the rebel/mod and seminar head without doing the ebtech.

Nice. I'm running the DL-4 right now but I really only use one effect from it because with the volume maxed on it, the one has higher out put than the others I'd normally use, so when mixed with the parallel nob the other two are near in audible... I think I need to have this thing modded or something.

Dallas Marlow said:

The Digitech tuner is far more accurate than the Boss. I always kinda thought the Boss tuner was garbage with it's -+3 cent accuracy, while the digitech, at the same price, is -+1 cent. I'm just incredibly picky like that I guess. >< Beautiful sound though, and even better playing.

Just a SM57 > Art Tube pre amp the cheap *** one you can buy for like $100 if that, and right into an Mbox (pro tools) Its just LE, I didn't add anything it's just straight in. Thanks for the compliments by the way as well!

Dallas