brit module PCB's

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyko5

Reaction score
Hi there all,

I'm new to the forum but have an fairly extensive electronics background and was wondering are all of the modules that have the brit module pcb layout interchangeable if the corresponding parts were changed out. For example, the SL+, plexi, jtm, and blackface modules are all pcb brit module 1.00.

Has anyone looked into modding one to be the other, specifically I'm looking to change my blackface over to a plexi module. If someone has a nice picture of the traces of both PCBs I would be appreciative.

Yes you can turn a blackface into a plexi. I will try and post the info of what you need to do tonight.

sweet awesomeness.

I wasn't sure if the traces matched or just the layout. Looking through it there were ~12 different component choices b/w the two.

All I need is to change over to some el34's bias em and I will be set. Most likely the plexi will be a better workhorse as the only module I currently have, and I've always loved the marshall sound.

I'm loving the rm50 right now, bought it and 3 modules for $500, sold two modules for $250, using a Boss gt-8 through the blackface and effects loop until I can get a few different modules. Probably the best combination of fortunate events to happen to me in a long time.

Thanks for the help and reply.

Here are the parts that need to be changed and the value they should be. That will get you there then you can fine tune these values to taste. Lotus1 on here has a sick sounding Plexi mod he did, Im sure he will chime in if he sees this thread.

Resistors

R7- 56K
R17-2K7
R29- 1K
R28- 470K
R31- 56K

Capacitors

C1- .001UF
C3- .022UF
C7- .68UF Electrolytic
C17- .022UF
C16- .022UF

EPIC FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!

well, not quite epic....just fail.

There is no C3 or place for a C3 on the blackface pcb. Considering this and my problems finding a 0.68uF electrolytic capacitor, I think I'm out of luck on this.

Another note in addition to the list of parts supplied by the friendly forum, I need to get a 100 pF (most likely 600V) capacitor for the tube pcb board, and need to get my other capacitors (non electrolyic) for ~600V rating as well.

So thanks for the help all, but I don't think I will be pursuing this any longer. ah well

So I sprung for a plexi, SL+, ultra, and a JTM module. I probably won't be able to keep them all but they were a decent used price and I know I'm more of a marshall guy then a fender guy.

Pretty sure I'm going to have some good times with these. I imagine due to my "nothings ever quite right" need to switch things up I might be interested in that plexi mod you guys were talking about at some point. I'm sure you will be hearing from me sometime in the near future Lotus.

Thanks again guys

I have a spread sheet that lists all of the component values by module as represented on the Grail Tone schematics. It makes it real easy to HIDE and UnHIDE columns when wanting to do just what you are talking about. If you want it hit me up (anyone). It has the JTM, Plexi, SL+, Blackface, Tweed and I think the XTC. I am currently working on reinstalling my single switch Tweed to JTM mod and adding a pull gain boost on the volume knob. I picked up the resistors I needed today.

ak