Broken rm100c :(

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasterOf1Angel

Reaction score
Hi,
I had the XTC in and was playing when I started smelling something that smelled like burning rubber/plastic - something bad. I turned off the amp asap but I couldn't tell where the smell was coming from. I checked all the modules. I figured it might be my XTC I just got. I looked at it but couldn't see anything smoking. Next time I go to play my amp the thing doesn't work.
I first noticed that the module wouldn't display a light, then I tried switching to all stock modules and none work! aaahhh! The fan doesn't come on and no sound but the power tubes light up and I can hear a click through the speaker when I switch standby off but no hiss or anything. The midi pedal lights up but It's like the modules aren't getting power. The standby power light doesn't light up either. Any idea what is the problem?
Angel

The problem is in the low voltage (LV~18VDC) rectified power supply. It provides power to the 12VDC regulator for the input/loop/PI tube heaters, the fan, power LED, and the MIDI board. It also provides the modules low voltage power that gets regulated to 12VDC for the tube heaters and regulated again to 5VDC for the module LED and optocouplers.

The power tube heaters, B+ voltage, Midi foot switch power, and bias voltage will still work, but all preamp tubes will be cold and the modules dead without the LV supply.

There are two fuse between the power transformer and the LV supply inside the amp. F4G and F3G. You need to check them first.