Bugera 333XL infinium

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zepplin490

Reaction score
Ive been checking out these amps lately, Ive been looking into getting a 3 channel "regular" Head and Ive been looking at the JCM 2000 TSL100 and the Bugera 333XL Infinium they both have 3 channels with an independent Eq for each channel (a must for me) While I pretty much have a very good idea about what ill get out of the marshall ive been hearing some killer tones and great features whenever i watch a youtube clip of the amp or any other clips... It appears to be kinda like a Peavey XXX with a S*itload of killer features that the peavey does not feature. Im still up in the air over the whole new amp thing as ive got 2 RM50's that neeed repair here in my guitar room... and im buying a couple modules:)
-mp-

The other guitar player in my band uses a bugera 333xl.I think it's a great sounding amp,was gonna get one for myself.Does the metal tones really well and the clean channel sound pretty awesome too.I like it better than the marshalls i've had in the past.

The amps might sound good for awhile, but my opinion is to AVOID BUGERA amps, especially if you have $ for MTS and modules.

I use to do slight mods to Bugera's (6260, 6262, etc) and I will say that you should avoid them. They are cheap copies (for the most part) of more famous amps and they are difficult to repair and hard to resell. If they break down (which they will), it's $$$$$ to repair because the schematics are few and far apart and parts are generally unavailable.

Save yourself some time, money and a huge headache and get the real thing. A used Peavey XXX or 5150 or whatever will be almost the same cost and will be much more valuable later on.

Here is a video I made awhile ago demoing a 6262 I upgraded with a better output transformer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVI5Q_1axLI

I had issues with bugeras, they are good sounding amps, not so bad finished, but not reliable for a long period of time.. The tubes seem to become microphonic extremely quickly, and often fuse problems, leds turning dead, and sometimes impossible to turn it on ( a plastic component is known to burn after a certain time of use and it turns the amp down.. )
As it was said, wait a little longer to get something stronger ! :)

Latest posts